fourteen.

CAT

CAT

home sweet home. the paperwork for my apartment is finally finished and i'm finally finishing packing up the last of my stuff. i'm also donating some of my furniture as i'm moving into an apartment from a house and there's no way it will all fit.

jenna helped me this me morning to pack up my bedroom then she had to leave to pick her up her son from nursery and then virgil came to help me for a few hours this afternoon.

'i think that's the last your books.' says virgil carrying a box into the room.

'thank you so much for helping me out virgil. i couldn't have done this without you and jenna's help.'

'you're very welcome cat, i just know you needed someone tall and muscular to help you.' he says with a smirk.

'you're still just an overpaid footballer to me love.' i say poking his stomach.

'that's not what you were saying last night though was it babes.'

'virgil stop it!' i say going bright red and giggling like a school girl.

'why am i not surprised?' says a voice suddenly and we both turn her head to see james stood there with his arms crossed.

'james don't start.'

'i don't even need to start because i was right all alone. you're just a slag who goes around with footballers. who's next? a manchester united player or maybe a chelsea player to mix it up a bit.'

'what the fuck did you just say?' says virgil suddenly stepping closer to him.

'virgil don't!' i say grabbing his arm.

'oh look you've already got him defending you. i do admire you, i must admit, you had me fooled.'

'just take your stuff and go, i don't have time for this.'

'of course you don't have time, you just want to go ahead and shag your footballer boyfriend.'

'honestly bro, i don't know you and i don't want to get to know you but you need to shut your fucking mouth before i shut it for you.'

'wow i'm so scared.'

virgil is currently standing in front of james, towering over him. even though james is trying to act tough and not scared, i know deep down he's nervous.

i just don't want virgil to start a scene, james is a prick, he can say whatever he wants about me, it doesn't affect me. but virgil's being protective over me, even though i don't want any drama, it's actually kind of hot.

'cat is one of the nicest most beautiful loving human beings out there. she would do anything for anyone, she doesn't need some scared sexist little man telling her what she can and can't do with her body. ever heard of her body her choice dickhead? you didn't deserve her, she was way too good for you. you should thank your lucky stars you ever had a chance with her.'

'because she deserves the world and more. she deserves, no fuck that, should be treated like a princess and nothing less. i would do anything to be in your position and what did you do? fuck it up.'

i stand there slightly surprised by what virgil had just said, even james has gone speechless.

'and you know what's even funnier in my opinion. you know you said she was a "slag" who slept around. i used to sleep around too and last night, your ex girlfriend called me daddy.'

-

'why would you even say that?' says cat pacing up and down the empty kitchen.

'spare of the moment! look it didn't make the situation any worse did it?'

'no but it made it a shit ton more awkward? i just wanted him to come here, get his stuff and leave but no of course you had to start a fight.'

'me? he's the one who started it! why are you getting all so pissed off with me when i was defending you in front of that prick. you should be getting pissed with him.'

cat doesn't say anything else, she just looks at me and sighs before leaving the room.

'cat come on, i'm sorry, i didn't mean to get pissy with you.' i say following her upstairs. she's sat in the middle of the empty room, hugging her knees.

'hey now, i'm sorry.' i say softly and sitting down next to her and putting my arm around her.

'no i'm the one who should be apologising virgil.' she says looking at me.

'i'm just confused!'

'about what?'

'everything! but mainly you.'

'what about me?'

'you're just so i don't know how to explain it? you're always looking out for me, you're always treating me good and sometimes i just catch you looking at me in a way i can't explain it! i'm trying to act unbothered but when i found out you've been with another woman, i just get so jealous. it's like i just want you all to myself.'

'i mean you're literally such a perfect human being. you're tall athletic strong and you're so attractive? you've got the most amazing smile, when you just do that thing when you randomly smile at me and i ask what's wrong and you say nothing, it makes me feel something. and your eyes? just one look at me and i'm all yours. last night, you made me feel something i've never felt before. i hate this whatever it is, i wish i knew how to stop it let alone explain it.'

'you're like a magnet virgil van dijk, i can't stop myself from being attracted to you and it's making me lose my fucking mind.'