six.

CAT

CAT

a few days of passed and i've decided today is the day i tell james about my job opportunity. i've left work early today so i can get home get freshened up and wear something a little more presentable. i've also got a meal ready for us as it's rare we even at the same time anymore because of our jobs. but today his shift nearly falls at the same time as mine so we can finally sit down and talk.

after finishing making some dulce de leche for dessert, i quickly text him.

catalina: dinner's in the oven, i hope you're nearly done or on your way x

i connect my phone to the speaker and play some music while i wait for him to arrive as i pour myself a glass of wine.

fifteen minutes have passed and he still hasn't arrived nor has he replied to my text. maybe he's stuck in traffic even though rush hour was over two hours ago but manchester is still a busy city.

another ten minutes have passed and the dinner is ready so i turn off the oven so it keeps it warm without cooking it any longer. i'm starting to get slightly worried and irritated by him now

catalina: please don't ignore me, is everything okay?

-

i'm sat eating dinner by myself because james didn't turn up. i tried texting and calling again but still no response but i noticed on instagram he was active five minutes ago. as i'm eating alone, wearing one of my best dresses, the front door opens and in walks james.

'hey babes.' he says.

'hey babes? are you serious?' i say putting my cutlery down aggressively and standing up going towards him.

'what?'

'you completely ignored my texts and calls! i saw you were on instagram. i saw that you were at the pub with mike and ruben. i spent ages preparing and cooking some of your favourite food and you just let it all go to waste by making me sit by myself like a right idiot.' i say looking at him. i can tell by the way he's standing, he's drunk way too much to have driven back.

'are you fucking drunk?' i shout at him.

'no i'm not, babes i'm fine.' he says slurring slightly and trying to put his arms around me but i move out the way and he nearly trips over.

'don't you fucking babes me james. i had something incredibly important to tell you but you just decide to go out with your mates.'

'well i'm here now, what is it?' he says laughing slightly.

'i've been offered a job james. it's less hours nearly double the pay and in a more relaxing working environment. and guess where it is? liverpool football club.' i say crossing my arms looking at him and he just scoffs.

'liverpool football club? next joke, glad you turned that down.' he says laughing which pisses me off even more.

'turned it down? you wish james. i took it.' i say before going into the bedroom and slamming the door.

VIRGIL

as i pull into melwood, i notice an unfamiliar car in front of me who i park next to. i get out of my car and look over and is taken by surprise.

'well would you look who it is.' i say with a smirk.

'good morning virgil.' she says sighing as she shuts her car door.

'how does someone look so good at so early in the morning.' i say walking over to her.

'please virgil, i'm not in the mood.' she says looking down before walking towards the entrance.

'hey are you okay?' i ask genuinely concerned as i walk over to her. she normally always answers back to one of my stupid comments whether it's in a sarcastic way or a angry way. but just by the looks of her, she isn't okay.

'do i look okay?' she says glaring at me.

'do you want to talk about it?'

'do you really think i'd want to talk about anything with you?' she says scoffing and walking ahead of me.

'you know, if you took time to actually get to know me, you'd realise i'm not that bad of a guy.' i say to her, she looks back at me quickly before walking away.

-

after the training session, once i've got dressed and showered, instead of going straight home i decide to go to the cafeteria for some lunch. i notice catalina walking in, followed closely by alex who she seems to be having a conversation with.  i wish i knew what they were talking about as i watch them smile and laugh together before they hug and part ways.

'someone's jealous.' she says as she walks over to me and sits opposite me.

'what?'

'i noticed you glare at me talking to alex from across the room. jealousy isn't a pretty look on you virgil.'

'someone's in a better mood suddenly.'

'well i've learned you can't be in a shit mood your whole life so here i am.'

'the fact you're talking to me and not the other way around is so weird. where is the cat i know that hates me?'

'come on virgil, hate is a strong word. but anyways i know this might sound a little weird but thank you for asking me if i wanted to talk earlier. normally people see me like that and just ignore me but you were actually concerned.'

'are you often in that state of mind?'

'more than i should be. but now it's time for a fresh start for me, mentally and physically and i can't wait to stop feeling emotionally abused.' she says which makes me raise my eyebrow.

what does she mean?

'i can tell by the way you're looking at me, you're probably thinking "wow she's a nutcase" but i'm just speaking my truth.'

'well cat, all i can see is that if you're ever feeling like this, you know you can talk to me about it. just send me a message on instagram.'

'oh wait didn't i tell you virgil? i'm now a member of liverpool football club.'

now this should get interesting.

that was so bad yikes!