fifteen.

CAT

CAT

'and that's the last box.' i say as i empty my last box in my new apartment.

'that obviously means for another glass of wine.' says perrie pouring us both a glass of wine then raising her glass.

'to a new start!' i say with a smile and clink our glasses.

alex introduced me to perrie when she last visited him, they don't see each other that much as she's always in the recording studio with little mix or travelling and she lives in london. but they always try and find a way for their relationship.

i'm also super grateful that he introduced us as it's finally nice to talk to and have a laugh with someone my own age. sure i've got my friends back in manchester and my work colleagues but some my work colleagues are quite a lot older than me. they are very nice people and we get on really well but it's still nice to have someone closer to my age. i do get on with the players as well but i still struggle with their lifestyle.

'also tell me, what's going on with you and a certain virgil van dijk?' she asks looking at me before taking a sip of her wine.

'oh no, what has alex said to you?' i ask rolling my eyes.

'he's only told me what i've seen myself! obviously he sees you both more a lot more but i've seen proof of what he's told me.'

'like what?'

'after the match the other day, i was watching you both together and you were both were all giggly and flirty around each other. alex even said to me to me "they both fancy each other but won't admit it" and i could see that! i could tell you both wanted to put your arms around each other make out or whatever, so what's going on?'

'nothing's going on honestly. we're just friends. not friends with benefits, literally just friends. you might not think that but honestly that's all we are.'

'so you don't even fancy him?'

'i never said i didn't. it's just complicated pez, i don't know how to explain. i just couldn't date a man like him.

-

the next day while perrie is still asleep in my spare room, as i'm making myself a cup of tea, someone knocks on the door. i walk over to the door, look through the peep hole and it's a delivery man standing outside with some flowers. i open the door and greet the man confusingly.

'good morning, i have a delivery for catalina jones?' he says looking at his phone and back at me.

'yes that's me.'

'great, just sign here.'

i put my signature on his phone then he hands me the flowers before saying goodbye as i go back into my apartment. i carry the flowers onto the island in the kitchen and quickly sort out a vase then eventually reading the card.

pack your bags and passport princess, i'm taking you somewhere special tonight. you can't say no because i said so.
see you later beautiful,

virgil x

i smile but also laugh at his immaturity but i'm also suddenly nervous. virgil and i going somewhere special just the two of us? this could go extremely well or extremely badly. but i'm excited to see where this leads at the same time.

VIRGIL

'virgil can you please tell me where we're going?' asks cat sat in the passenger seat of my car.

'to the airport.' i say with a shrug.

'airport? are you crazy?'

'crazy about you babes.'

'you're so fucking lame.' she says shaking her head and looking out the window.

'but you love it.' i say with a grin.

'but airport, i need more details. where are we going? what's work going to say? what's klopp going to say?'

'alright alright don't worry cat, i am allowed a day off you know. and i've already told them about you and there's no problem. just relax and don't worry about it. this getaway is about us and us only.' i say taking her hand with my free hand. she doesn't react for a few moments but suddenly moves her hand away.

'there is no us virgil.'

'not yet there isn't baby girl.'

-

i don't know how i pulled it off but i did it. we have now arrived in paris and cat doesn't have the slightest idea. i was originally going to on a normal airplane but there was no way i could get her through customs and the flight and landing without her finding out. as soon as we landed, i put a blindfold around her eyes and helped her towards our car.

'you know this is starting to make me paranoid and quite sick. what time is it? where am i? the flight wasn't that long so i can't be that far, germany?'

'well it's currently eight thirty, it's starting to get dark out and no you're not in germany but you're not far. also don't worry we're nearly there.'

'virgil van dijk if we're in some weird place or something, i swear to god i will never talk to you again.'

'cat please just trust me for once. it's nowhere strange or weird, it's a happy place.'

'a happy place?'

'yeah it's one of my favourite places.'

paris. i know what you're thinking "how romantic virgil oui oui baguette je t'aime". i'm not here for a meal on the seine and a kiss on the eiffel tower, i mean i wouldn't complain if that happened, but i've come here for somewhere that's very special to me growing up. i always said i would bring the person who means the most to me here.

disneyland.

THIS WAS SO BAD