three.

CAT

CAT

it's currently sunday and i wake up by myself as james has already left for work. as much as i love spending time with him on saturdays, we do like having separate days off so we get to have some time to ourselves and to spend with our friends. as i check my phone, i notice i have a message request on instagram that i received yesterday but didn't notice.

i'm taken by surprise when i notice it's from virgil van dijk, i accept the request and read his message.

i must admit, i feel the message is kind of forced in some way especially the fact he called me "sweet cheeks". but nonetheless i still reply back to him.

catalinaxjones: hi virgil, thank you for apologising about that. i was feeling quite shitty for days to be quite honest but thank you.

virgilvandijk: don't worry about it. what can i do to show you i'm sorry? buy you a meal? go out for some drinks? tickets to a liverpool game?

i have a slight feeling that i know what he's trying to do, but i don't want to start anything so i just reply back nicely.

catalinaxjones: oh no, don't worry about anything like that. you've apologised that's all that matters.

virgilvandijk: okay then, will i ever see you again?

catalinaxjones: unless i'm told you go to back there for work, most likely no.

i close instagram as i don't want to keep having to reply to him, i don't trust him at all. but i do open a new safari page and type in his name to see what comes up. there's articles about him and the ballon d'or but there's also quite a lot about him that are non football related.

virgil van dijk spotted leaving a strip club in liverpool

spotted leaving london club with mystery blonde, virgil van dijk

will virgil van dijk ever settle down? or will he just see a different woman every chance he gets?

'so he's that kind of man.' i say out loud, slightly in disgust as i read some of the articles. being someone's who interviewed a lot of famous sportspeople, some being nicer than others, you have to learn to be the least judgemental as you can about someone's way of living. i've met a few footballers that are slight primadonnas but i don't think i've read this many articles about someone spotted with a mystery woman every night. but even as tempting as it is, i would never go out of my way to ruin someone's career or imagine

so i just close the safari tab, put my phone down and get on with my day.

VIRGIL

'hey jordan you coming out tonight?' i ask him after our recovery session.

'no sorry, the missus and i are going out tonight. finally getting a night away from the kids. maybe ask joe or trent.' he says with a shrug.

'i already asked them and they said no. maybe i'll go and ask andy.'

'or maybe you can just stay in for the night and watch netflix you know, just relax for one night.'

'you sound like such a dad.'

'no i just want you to be sensible for once virgil. and funny enough you should say that because i am a dad?' he says as i leave the room to go and talk to andy.

'yeah yeah whatever.' i say rolling my eyes as i walk towards andy who's on his way out.

'hey robbo!' i shout out and he turns around.

'how about you and me go out tonight? for some drinks you know, like a guys night out.'

'sorry mate but i'm taking the girls out to the cinema tonight and then we're going to get some food. i barely get to spend time with them so i'll pass.'

'since when did everyone get so boring.'

'it's called settling down virgil, you should try it some time.'

-

i was currently sat in a bar in the middle of liverpool, not one of those bars that just reek of alcohol and sweat, one of those fancy bars. while i'm taking another sip of my whisky, a young woman wearing a tight short red dress sits next to me.

'one cuba libre please.' she asks the bartender who simply nods and smiles and gets on with the cocktails. she's noticed me looking at her as i can she's looking at me from the corner of her eye.

'hey i'm virgil.' i say suddenly with a smirk, turning in my seat to face her.

'and i'm not interested.' she says not even bothering to look at me.

'i'm sorry?'

'you heard me, i'm not interested. i'm not stupid, i know exactly who you are. don't even think for a second, i'm going home to sleep with you. i respect myself too much to sleep with some random guy, especially if they're a stupid footballer.' she says looking at me in disgust, taking her drink and going somewhere else.

i would be lying if i didn't say i was surprised by her reaction, i'm not normally used to rejection and i've been rejected twice in the space of two days.

'that was harsh man.' says the man next to me who just watched me get rejected and embarrassed by some random woman.

'shut up.' i say quickly finishing my drink before leaving.

this fanfic sucks but okay