four.

CAT

CAT

i walk into work the next day, doing my usual routine of saying good morning to everyone i walk past.

'good weekend?' asks anja, one of my colleagues.

'yeah it was okay, didn't do much, just relaxed really. you?'

'yeah, the wife and i went away to a little cottage for the night. just to get away from the city and see nature.'

'sounds really nice, i'm glad you had a nice time. i could really do with a night away, i love my city but sometimes it can get me paranoid.'

'maybe you and james should go away for a few days, take some time off. anyways martin wanted to see you about something.'

'i better go and see him then. we should definitely catch up soon.' i say smiling at her before walking towards martin's office. i knock on the door before walking inside.

'ah catalina, just the person i wanted to see.' he says with a smile as i sit down on the chair opposite his desk.

'so liverpool football club contacted me again and they said they wanted to see you.'

'really? do you know why?' i ask in confusion.

'they didn't say why. all they really said is that they would like to meet with you as soon as possible.'

'well, i'm working all this week and i'm seeing my parents this weekend so they can wake.'

'yeah about that, you're going up there now.'

'now?'

'yes now. i've already arranged it with them, we'll cover the costs of your drive up there.'

'you look worried, don't worry they didn't sound angry or anything on the phone. this is definitely something positive catalina.' he says looking at me.

'but i have work to do today.'

'don't worry about that, we'll get the others to cover your work for you.'

'right okay.' i say, still slightly confused, 'i guess i'll see you later then.'

'yes. good luck and don't worry too much.'

-

i've just arrived at melwood, i walk inside and talk to the same receptionist i spoke to the other day.

'ah yes miss jones, nice to see you again. they are waiting for you down the hallway on the third door on the right. would you like me to show you?'

'it's quite alright, i'll find it thank you.' i say with a small smile before walking off down the hallway and i knock on the door.

'come in.' says a voice, i walk inside and there's two staff members i saw the other day so i sat opposite them.

'miss jones, nice to see you again.' one of them says with a smile.

'you too.' i reply.

'you're probably wondering why you're here aren't you?'

'yes i am, quite frankly i have no idea why i'm here.'

'well there's a job opening in our media apartment in a couple weeks and as you have such a good reputation, we would wondering if you would consider in joining us? basically the job consists of taking control of our social media, including our youtube channel which you'll be apart of. and we also have our news paper which you'll write articles about. there's a lot more to it but that's a quick sum up.'

'so basically you want me to leave the bbc and join you? not to be rude or anything but i'm pretty sure there's hundreds if not thousands that could fill this position, why me?'

'because you're mature professional and extremely hard working which is exactly what we're looking for. our players really enjoyed being interviewed by you the other day as well, which is always a good sign. but we're just saying this now before we post the ad if you're interested. if you are, you'll still have to go through a small interview of course but it'll save us so much time instead of going through all the applications. and plus you'll get paid nearly double of what you earn now.'

'wow well i'm not really sure what to say. it does sound interesting i'll give it that but i'm not sure if i'm fully ready for that kind of change at the moment. do you think you could give me some time to think about it?'

'of course. the advert goes up in about two weeks so if it could be any time before then, no matter the answer, that would be great.'

'okay thank you, i'll definitely think about it.' i say nodding as i look at them.

'well thank you for coming down on such short notice, that's what we really wanted to talk about you.'

'it's no problem.'

'anyway have a safe trip journey and we'll hopefully hear from you soon.'

'you will and thank you.' i say with a small smile before standing up and leaving.

VIRGIL

as i walk out of the physio's office, i notice someone walk down the hallway and i quickly recognise them.

'hey cat wait up!' i say and she turns around in confusion and raises her eyebrow at me
.
'can't believe you left me on read the other day babes.' i say with a smirk as i walk over to her.

'first of all, don't call me that and second of all that's so sad never mind.' she say rolling her eyes and walking away again.

'wait why are you even here, don't you live in manchester?' i ask then look at what office she must have come out.

'oh were you in the meeting about that job the media staff have been talking about? i can't wait for us to work together again babes. i can just see it now, me being tired after a long training session, you bring tired after a long day in the office. we go out for a few drinks, one thing leads to another and next thing you know, you're waking up in my bed.'

'listen virgil.' she says suddenly stopping and pushing one hand against my chest.

'i don't know what you want with me but i hate it. i don't like this whole fantasy you have in your head about me. i would kindly appreciate it if you stop it and leave me alone.' she says looking up at me.

the things i would do to her, i thought.

'you're just really hot you know that?' i say cockily.

'and i have a boyfriend dickhead.' she says taking me by surprise slightly before walking away.

boyfriend?

as if that's gonna stop virgil van dijk