two.

CAT

CAT

'cat? why are you up already, it's saturday.' says james yawning, walking into the kitchen and putting the kettle on.

'i've got some work to do that's all.' i say looking up from my computer screen at him.

'you rarely have work to do on your days off, you've been acting all strange since you came back from liverpool yesterday. did something happen?'

'no nothing happened.'

'i know you're lying, come on you know you can tell me anything, i'm your boyfriend.' he says sitting down opposite me and taking my hand in his.

'well something happened yesterday and i can't stop thinking about it. i think it might have affected my job.'

'wait what? what happened?'

'you know i was meeting some liverpool players right for interviews. i met alex oxlade chamberlain jordan henderson and virgil van dijk, alex and jordan were really chills and nice whereas virgil, he was how do i put this? a prick. he was being all nice throughout the interview, i did notice him looking at me up and down a lot but i didn't think anything of it you know me, always professional. but then when it finished he was just being quite sexist? so i called him out for it, not in a bitchy way but in the most professional way i could be but i think i might have been a bit too you know, bitchy.

'babes, you can never be too bitchy when it comes to sexism. you've worked so extremely hard in an industry that is mainly white males and you're a woman who's also half hispanic, you've created so many opportunities at your work place due to your state of mind and your voice. and please don't apologise or ever think you're in the wrong about situations like this. he was being a sexist dickhead and you just stood up for yourself, you have every right too.' he says looking at me squeezing my hand slightly.

'if people don't talk back to sexists racists homophobes or whatever, they're going to keep doing it. don't worry about losing your job, you did the right thing and if you hadn't said anything it would have been against your values. if i ever see mister van dijk, i will tell him to meet me outside.'

'you know he's really tall right?' i say laughing.

'i'm tall as well?'

'yeah but he's like a giant.'

'well sorry we can't all be six foot four can we?'

'you're such an idiot you know that right?'

'but i'm your idiot.'