seventeen.

CAT

CAT

'good morning princess.' mumbles a deep husky voice next to me as i slowly wake up.

'good morning gorgeous.' i say with a smile as i look at virgil.

'you looked so peaceful when you were sleeping, a literal angel.' he says softly as he slowly caresses my face.

honestly this is such a dream, i finally like i'm in rem. i know it took me so long to admit the fact i genuinely had feelings for virgil but i'm glad i have. just being here with him, lying face to face with each other while our fingers are intertwined, i haven't felt this happy in what seems a lifetime. even though i've felt something for virgil for quite a while now, i didn't want to admit it to myself or anyone as i just gotten out of a long term relationship and didn't want to get judged.

'i wish i could say the same about you but you were snoring.' i say laughing slightly which makes him roll his eyes.

'now there's the proper catalina that i fell in love with. always having an answer for everything.' he says laughing.

'i do not, i just like having the last say! anyway, tell me mister van dijk, might seem a bit of a weird question but when did you realise you were in love with me?'

'well.' he says sitting up slightly so i move my head from the pillow onto his bare chest.

'we've known each other about five months now, i would probably say about a month ago. i liked you for ages but then something just seemed different, felt different. i didn't want to say anything or admit it to myself for obvious reasons but then i just thought fuck it. and what about you? i bet it was the moment you met me, you were like who is this godly like man.' says virgil making me burst out laughing.

'yeah just keep telling yourself that babe.'

-

virgil and i walk around the park, hand in hand wearing matching minnie and mickey ears. honestly, i can't even describe how happy i am right now. everything just feels so right.

'cat?' says virgil suddenly snapping me out of my thoughts.

'sorry what was that?' i say looking at him.

'i was just asking if we could go on small world?' he asks which takes me by surprise.

'small world?'

'yeah, i know it looks ridiculous but it just brings back to my childhood you know.'

'i wasn't judging, of course we can go on it babe.'

virgil and i walk to a small world, thankfully we have fast track tickets as i wasn't ready to queue to hours. within minutes, we're on the boat and we can hear the familiar music.

'okay not going to lie, i don't remember the music being this irritating.' says virgil chuckling as he looks around.

'i'm pretty i went on here as a child once and just cried the whole time, i was terrified of the dolls.' i say as i watch the animatronic dolls.

'can't wait to come back here with kids.'

'kids?'

'yes i want kids. wait no i don't mean now, don't worry but in the future i do. but i don't want to scare you off or anything by being too forward or anything.'

'stop being so awkward virgil, it's fine i know what you meant.' i say holding his hand with a smile.

VIRGIL

after spending the day at the park, cat and i are spending our last night in paris before leaving for liverpool in the morning.

'i'm so glad today happened.' i say smiling as i watch her put her hair up in a bun.

'me too.' she says looking at me with a smile before looking back into the mirror.

'also can i ask you a question? it might seem a bit random.'

'of course you, what's up?'

'when can i tell people that you're mine? i mean as we both see each other at work and all that. do you want us to stay strictly professional or we can be you know around each other?'

'honestly it's up to you but i think we should just keep it casual you know? like people are obviously to know sooner or later that we're together but we can't let that be a distraction.'

'okay that sounds good to me.' i say nodding as she climbs into bed next to me but just stops and looks at me.

'what? do i have something on my face?' i ask grabbing my phone to look in the front career but she just shakes her head and smiles.

'no, aren't you tired?'

'tired? what do you mean?'

'tired of being so handsome.'

'okay i love you but that was actually cringey as hell cat.' i say laughing and putting my arm around her and pulling her closer to me.

okay shitty ending but i'm back 😳🤚