five.

CAT

CAT

'a job in liverpool?' asks jenna raising an eyebrow.

'yeah. i mean i wouldn't have to move there or anything, i would just take the train instead of driving.' i say with a shrug before taking a sip from my coffee.

it's currently my lunch break and i've met up with my close friend jenna. we don't get to see each other as much as we would like but we always try and see each other at least once a month catch up.

'have you told martin about the offer yet?'

'no i haven't and i don't think i will unless i decided to accept it. i feel like he wouldn't be really weird about it. but honestly i don't even know if i'm interested in the job, i mean yeah the pay is good but i have to think about the whole job. like you obviously know i've never been biased with football so being focused on just one team might be a little weird for me.'

'but you've always been in sports. yes your current job revolves around many things but it's mainly sports. i mean it's fully up to you but if you think about it, it's probably a lot less stressful than your current job. and you'll get more time off and do less hours so you could spend more time for yourself and with james.'

'i haven't spoken to james about it. he's a lifelong city fan, if i told him about this job, he would probably dump me.'

'come on now you're just being dramatic. if he truly loves you, he'll support you no matter what, he won't let some football team stop you from progressing in your career.'

'oh trust me, you haven't met some football fans, they would risk it all for their team.'

-

i'm currently typing away on my computer, it's the interview i did the other day with the players so i can send it to get checked then it'll be published on our website tomorrow. it's nice to be finally sitting down and getting some work done.

as i'm typing virgil's interview while listening to the recording at the same time, i suddenly think about what he kept saying to me.

you're really hot you know that?

i smile and laugh slightly at the memory but then realise i've lost track in my article compared to the recording so i have to go back. once i've finished, i quickly check my phone and notice there's a text from james.

james: hey babes, something's happened at work so i won't be in until early tomorrow morning x

catalina: okay, don't work too hard and i'll see you tomorrow then x

before putting my phone down, i go onto my instagram and type in virgilvandijk. i scroll through his photos and to my surprise there's not a single picture of him with women or clubbing, it's mainly about football and the odd nike advert here and there.

he's pretty attractive, i can see why he gets as many women as he does besides the fact he's a rich footballer, i thought.

VIRGIL

'wake up you son of a bitch!' shouts someone before i get drenched with water making me jump up quickly from my bed.

'what the fuck rebecca?' i say looking at her in shock and anger.

'what the fuck rebecca? what about what the fuck virgil?'

'what are you on about?'

'catalina! you were moaning her name in your sleep literally after just sleeping with me!' she says looking at me in anger.

well i wasn't going to lie to her because of all, i don't lie and second of all i had a dream where i fucked catalina's brains out.

'gosh why do you care me so much anyways, we just sleep together.' i say rolling my eyes which irritates her even more.

'we've been seeing each other for weeks now!' she says looking at me dead in the eye.

'seeing each other? you think i actually give a shit about you?' i scoff.

'you're such a prick, i hate you!' she shouts before leaving my room.

'tell me something else i could care less about sweetheart!' i shout back before she storms out of my house.

finally that got rid of her, she was getting way too attached for my liking. what next, breakfast in bed? it's sex then you wake up and leave, simple as that.

before doing anything, i head into my bathroom and turn on the shower so i can get changed from my wet clothes. before i get undressed i quickly send catalina a message on instagram.

virgilvandijk: i had a dream about you last night. we were both pretty naked in it, i'll let you imagine the rest babes x

i set my phone down, quickly get into the shower and wash myself. i grab a towel from the rail and wrap it around my waist before going into wardrobe and picking out some clothes. i pick up a pair of ripped black jeans, a black t-shirt and a red check shirt.

catalinaxjones: virgil stop.

virgilvandijk: stop what?

catalinaxjones: don't act dumb, you know what i mean.

catalinaxjones: i have a boyfriend.

virgilvandijk: i can change that

catalinaxjones: no you can't

virgilvandijk: why?

catalinaxjones: because i would never go out with a man like you, even if i was single

virgilvandijk: a man like me? you mean a man so devilishly good looking

catalinaxjones: don't be a dick you know exactly what i mean. someone who doesn't sleep around all the time. someone who respects women. someone who doesn't lie about coming home on time.

that last message confused me a little, because she doesn't me that well. was she talking about her current boyfriend?

catalinaxjones: someone the complete opposite of you.