eight

CAT

CAT

'so what's your story?' virgil asks looking at me.

'well where do i begin.' i say sitting up right. i'm slightly tipsy but i'm not drunk, i'm feeling a little dozy but i'm not being a complete idiot.

'so a couple years when my career was kicking off, i did an interview with man city right, specifically sergio aguero. i don't know if you know this but my mum is from argentina, i'm fluent in spanish so i spoke with sergio in spanish. we got on really well and we ended up having a fling.' i say.

'a fling?'

'yes, well friends with benefits if you will. this lasted about four months until he met someone and wanted something serious with her so we ended it. i must admit, i did actually sleep around a bit before i met james. i think that's one of the reasons i get so pissy sometimes when i'm around you. because what you're doing reminds me too much of myself. on tinder we have this thing called swipe fuck and leave and that's pretty much what i was doing.' i say with a shrug.

virgil just looks at me in surprise without saying a word which makes me slightly uncomfortable.

'what?'

'nothing. i'm just surprised, that's all. does james know all about this? like your thing with aguero and all that?'

'no he doesn't and hopefully never will. he can be a bit too judgemental at times, he would probably call me a slut or something.'

'a slut? for real? is he a dickhead?'

'virgil!'

'no i'm sorry catalina, i don't get how i can go around and sleep with as many women as a want and no one bats as eye, but as soon as it's a women she's a "slut"? that just isn't right. women have the right to do whatever the fuck they want with their body, it's not up to some man to decide.' he says getting annoyed.

'since when did you get become such a feminist?' i say scoffing likely as i take a sip of my drink.

'maybe if you got to actually know me better, you wouldn't be so surprised.'

-

i wake up the next morning, slightly confused at first at where i am, but then suddenly remember where i am. i get up slowly, pulling virgil's hoodie over my head and heading downstairs.

'good morning sunshine, head okay?' says virgil laughing as he's sat down drinking some tea as i walk into the kitchen.

'actually it doesn't hurt.' i say rolling my eyes.

'would you like some breakfast?'

'sure what do you have?'

'well i've got basic stuff like toast or cereals or i could cook you something?'

'oh i would like to see that.' i say sitting down at the island in the kitchen.

'what would you like?'

'wait you're actually being serious?'

'of course i am, why wouldn't i be?'

'because you're probably going to burn it?'

'thanks for the lack of trust in me. anyway, chef van dijk at your service.'

VIRGIL

after making catalina breakfast that i didn't actually burn and she enjoyed, i drive her to the garage as she got a text from them saying her car is ready.

'so have you officially got the job at melwood now?' i ask her as i'm driving.

'pretty much, there's still some final things to go through then i'm practically done and i'll officially start in a few weeks.' she says which makes me grin.

'why you grinning?'

'no reason.'

'i don't trust you van dijk, tell me.'

'van dijk? we've gone to second name bases now have we jones?'

'don't change the subject.'

'alright alright, it'll just be cool to see you around that's all.' i say with a shrug.

'i mean obviously we'll be in complete different places, you'll be indoors and i'll be outside but still the same place.' i add

'who said i wanted to see you?' she says looking at me.

'you because you're still wearing my hoodie.' i say with a slight smirk and she quickly takes it off.

'it's not my fault it smells good.' she mumbles as i pull into the garage parking.

'well i'll see you around i guess miss catalina.' i say and she just looks at me.

'you're not getting out to say goodbye properly?'

'best not. sorry it's not against you or anything it's just in case there's anyone around so they don't take any pics or anything.'

'i think you're forgetting i'm part of the media.' she says.

'you know what i mean.'

'yeah but anyway thank you so much for letting me stay over at your place borrowing your clothes making me food and everything. i really really appreciate and hanging out with you wasn't as bad as i thought.'

'thanks i really appreciate that.' i say laughing at the last part.

'but yeah i'll see around.' she says with a smile before getting out of the car.

'yeah see you a few weeks maybe. and i hope everything gets better with your boyfriend.' i say and she looks at me in confusion before walking away.

a few moments later, i start my car up again before heading towards training.

i think she was slightly too drunk to remember but last night she was telling me all the bad things that james had done or how she wishes he was like. as their relationship progressed he just became more and more selfish.

listening to her talk about that made me realise what kind of man i need to become.

this sucked ass but anyways