nine.

CAT

CAT

i eventually get home later than planned as i hit rush hour and rush hour in manchester isn't fun. when i finally pull into the driveway, i notice james's car in the driveway which is surprising as he doesn't normally finish this early. i walk up to the door and unlock the door.

'i'm home!' i say as i walk inside and take off my shoes.

'how's your car doing now?' says james walking into the hallway.

'well it's fixed if that's what you mean.'

'don't bullshit me catalina.'

'what?' i say looking at him confused at his sudden change of tone.

'i know exactly where you were and how you were with. don't lie to me.'

'james, what are you talking about?'

'this.' he says handing me his phone that's showing a picture of virgil and i in his car last night.

'it's not what it looks like, let me explain-' i say but he snatches the phone out my hands and cuts me off.

'you know what? i'm not even surprised considering you've had quite the history with footballers haven't you?' he says glaring at me while i just stand there slightly in shock.

there's no way he can know what sergio and i. i've only ever told one person about it, well two now.

'oh you didn't think i knew about you and agüero? i thought that was a one-time thing but now that i'm hearing about you and van dijk, how many other footballers have you slept with?'

'i didn't sleep with virgil, can you stop making stuff and actually listen to me for one fucking second?' i say starting to get angry with him.

'as if i'm going to believe that. you're just a slag cat.' he says scoffing and my mouth opens in shock.

'i'm sorry, come again?'

'i know what you used to be like, once a slag always a slag.'

'get the fuck out of my house.'

'what?'

'you heard me the first time. get out!' i say shouting at him

'your house?'

'yes my house as i pay the fucking rent and half of the bills for just to live with some boyfriend who thinks i'm a slag and a liar? get fucked james, i'm done with getting mentally abused by you. it's over.'

i don't need this bullshit in my life anymore.'

-

i go into work the next morning, it being my last day before i join liverpool. even though i was having second thoughts about it last minute but after last night, i definitely need a change. you'd probably think i'm upset over my break up, i am slightly but at the same time i'm relived.

'i can't believe it's your last day here.' says anja as i pour myself a cup of coffee.

'i know even for me it's kind of surreal all of it. i've grown so much here, not necessarily just in my career but also as a person. i'm so grateful for martin for hiring me and giving me a chance even when they were a ton of people that were better and more experienced back in the day.' i say nodding before taking a sip.

'it's going to be so weird not having you around, you're probably the most organised person around here, we're going to struggle.' she says laughing slightly.

'we can still meet up outside of work, i don't know if i'm going to stay here or move closer to liverpool yet. but still it's not far.' i say with a shrug.

'so does james finally know about the job?'

'i don't want to talk about him.' i say sighing.

VIRGIL

'you're late.' says one of the coaches as i walk onto the training pitch late.

'i know i know, i'm sorry. got stuck in traffic.' i say to him while he looks at me. he doesn't say anything else and just continues the training, i listen to his training instructions alongside my teammates even though my mind keeps getting distracted.

'virgil!' says jurgen suddenly snapping me out my thoughts.

'what sorry, i got distracted.'

'exactly that's the problem. what's bothering you so much that you can barely concentrate?'

'just random stuff, nothing important.' i say with a shrug.

'well it must be important if you can't concentrate. is it family?'

'no no nothing like that.'

'friend?'

i shake my head.

'a woman? or a man, i'm not judging.'

'well.'

'what's their name?'

'catalina.'

'catalina? as in the one who works here?' he asks raising an eyebrow and i simply nod and look down.

'well i wasn't expecting you to be like over a woman as i do know what you're like virgil. ask her out if you want to but she's a nice person, don't mess her around like you do with everyone else.'

'she has a boyfriend.'

'ah that's rough, i'm sorry. but i'm afraid that's life, it can be shit sometimes but you just got to get through it. just don't think about it too much and concentrate on your training yeah?'

'yeah of course. sorry for being distracted and letting it take over my mind.'

'don't worry about it. now just get back there and show us what you do best.' he says with a smile, i smile back before heading back towards the rest of the team.

'what was that about?' asks jordan.

'nothing don't worry about it.' i say.

just wish i could get her out of my mind.

bit of a filler but anyways