twelve

CAT

CAT

i walk into the bar and see virgil sat by himself looking on his phone. i walk up to him and tap him on the shoulder making him turn around.

'oh hey- whoa you look great.' he says looking at me up and down.

'you don't look half bad yourself.' i say looking at him and giving him a smile. he's wearing black jeans, a black t-shirt with a black blazer paired with some vans, classy but casual.

'i booked us a booth just in case it got too busy but it's up to you we can stay here or go to the booth.'

'the booth, definitely.' i say then we walk over to the booth that says "reserved" on it.

'it's a nice place, how do you know it?' i say looking around.

'well.' he says awkwardly, 'this is kind of the place i go when i pick up girls.'

'so you've brought me to the place where you go to get a night one stand? wow thanks virgil glad you put some thought in it.' i say frowning as i look down at my hands.

'no no don't think that cat! i also come here because it's dimly lit so i won't get recognised. you're far too special and i've wanted to take you out for ages but never had the opportunity. i'm not going to fuck it up now.' he says looking at me.

there's just something about the way he's looking at me that it's impossible to stay mad at him.

'okay, i'm sorry. but don't forget this isn't a date.'

'not a date.' he says with a smile.

'i'm being serious virgil.'

'me too princess.'

-

virgil and i have had a few drinks, we're starting to get to the point we're tipsy, not completely drunk but we're just asking each other the most random questions.

'so tell me cat, if you could describe your dream man what would he be like?' asks virgil before taking another sip of his drink.

'that's not even a hard question, i've had the same dream stuck in my head for years. so he's tall, not too tall but a good height. has a good sense of humour, i love banter so he can't be humourless. looks after himself, i can't stand a man where his masculinity is so fragile that he can't go and get a haircut or use facial wash. a good sense of fashion, as someone who always try to look my best i would hate if he looked like a slob next to me, i know that sounds kinda snobbish but that's me i guess.' i say with a shrug.

'i want to say handsome as well but everyone's got a different definition of it. and most importantly isn't racist homophobic sexist any of that, can't stand that. so yeah don't really have a preference on hair colour eye colour anything like that.' i say before picking up my glass realising it's empty and frowns.

'i'll get you another one.' says virgil before putting his hand up for the waiter.

'so what about you mr rich footballer, what's your dream girl?'

'i would say you but you slept with a manchester city player so.' he says smirking slightly.

'oh really? that's the only reason?' i say crossing my arms.

'oh is someone getting angry? maybe if you got the taste of a dutch liverpool player you'd even forget that ever happened. actually one night with me and you'll forget everyone.'

'is that a proposal?'

'only if you say yes babe.'

VIRGIL

before you jump to conclusions, i am not currently sleeping with catalina. i'm in the taxi on the way back to my house as catalina's fallen asleep, head on my shoulder and blazer wrapped around her shoulders. as we get closer to my house, i carefully shake her arm to try and wake her up. i would have carried her back to my house from the taxi but knowing her she would probably punch me if she found out.

'hmm?' she says as she slowly wakes up.

'we're nearly there.'

'i'm too tired.' she says closing her eyes again and holding onto my arm.

'i'm not going to leave you here all night.' i say laughing slightly.

'carry me then.'

as the taxi stops outside my house, i pay and thank him before carefully grab hold of catalina and carry her, bridal style, to my house. i carefully balance opening the front door and walking inside without hurting her before shutting and locking it beside me.

while i walking up the stairs, she tightens her grip and buries her face in my neck. i dim the lights in the spare room before walking in, moving the bed sheets and putting her down carefully and take her heels.

i'm fairly surprised with myself managing to this and as i am far from sober but i guess i just hold my alcohol better.

i go into the bathroom and grab some wipes, sitting down next to her and carefully taking off her make up.

she looks like a literal angel, i thought.

'virgil.' she mumbles in her sleep.

when i go to stand up, she quickly grabs my arm, slowly opening her eyes.

'stay with me.' she says quietly with a small smile.

'catalina you're drunk.'

'i know but stay with me until i fall asleep properly. play with my hair or something.'

i sit back down on the bed and by my surprise catalina puts her arm around me and rests her head on my chest before i begin to play with her hair.

even though, we're both drunk and she'll probably forgot about this tomorrow, i can't help but think this feels so right. i don't know why it does or how it does but it just does.

this sucked but anyways ://