Reunite - Ethan Dolan

"Layla, Bailey, it's time to go to daddy's!" You called out through your apartment. Your best friend, Misty, always dropped your daughter and son to their dad, Ethan's house.

You and him, hadn't talked properly in a long time. He broke up with you a year ago because apparently he chose to believe rumours over his own girlfriend. 

As unhealthy as it was, Misty dropped the kids and Grayson brought them back. That way you wouldn't have to argue in front of the kids. 

"You're coming with me today." Misty stood at the front door with her arms crossed over her chest. 

"And before you even begin to come up with an excuse, if you don't, I'm not dropping them off. I love them Y/N, I'm their godmother, but they're growing up with parents who don't get along and you know exactly how that feels." She set the record straight, and she was right. 

"Plus, Grayson and I have spoken, Ethan can barely single parent on his own, plus, he found out the truth about the whole Emma situation, I think he feels really down about it." Misty continued.

"I hope he feels down, everyone accused me of hitting her when I didn't!" You whisper shouted. 

"Mommy, can I take my trucks to daddies?" Bailey asked.

"Of course baby." You smiled. You and Ethan had the twins when you were fifteen, and now you were nineteen. It wasn't easy, but you did it. The journey to the Dolan house wasn't long, and you dreaded seeing Ethan again. 

"Do you like daddy's new car mommy?" Layla grinned excitedly at her fathers car.

"I love it." You smiled back to her. The twins were clever enough to undo themselves from their car-seats and they bolted towards the front door, the moment the car came to a halt.

"Just be civil for once." Misty sighed, helping you grab the kids bags. 

"Yeah, yeah." You muttered. The door opened and it revealed both Ethan and Grayson. Ethan looked more then shocked to see you, considering the last time he had seen you was when he had dumped you.

"Daddy, Uncle Gray!" They screeched, jumping into their arms. 

"Hey Y/N, hey Misty! Come in." Grayson greeted the two of you with a hug and lead you through to the kitchen. The house hadn't changed one bit, other than the Halloween decorations that Grayson had put up.

"You always were crazy when it came to Halloween." You chuckled, leaning your back against the counter. Ethan had yet to say anything. 

"I love mommy and daddy in the same house." You overheard Bailey say to his 7-minute-younger sister. Everyone heard. It broke your heart.

"It's the best." You heard Layla say excitedly. 

"So Y/N, what have you been up to?" Ethan finally managed to cough out. 

"Same old, same old." You muttered. Grayson and Misty shot each-other stern looks. 

"Right, Layla, Bailey come here!" Grayson called out, and his niece and nephew came running. 

"How about you two and Misty and I, all go to the beach for the day, so mommy and daddy can talk?" Grayson said with a big smile, and your jaw-dropped, alongside Ethan's. 

"Yay!" The kids both gave you and Ethan kisses to the cheek before heading out. 

"Love you!" You called out. 

"Have a conversation, like fucking adults." Grayson said with all seriousness, and they all headed out. 

"Well this is awkward." Ethan began. 

"It shouldn't have to be. We have kids together." You couldn't even look him in the eye. 

"Emma told us the truth the other day, how it wasn't you that hit her." Ethan choked out.

"Yet I still got dumped for something I never did." Your voice cracked, and you really tried to not let him know that you were still hung up over him. 

"I'm sorry Y/N." Ethan didn't even have the words to say to you. The moment you walked out of the house for the final time with all your belongings had crushed him more than anything.

"Yeah, me too." You frowned. 

"Should we talk outside?" Ethan asked and you just nodded. The two of you sat on separate sun-loungers.

"We need to communicate more, for the sake of Bailey and Layla's well-beings. It's not fair." You told him.

"What if there was an emergency with them Ethan? You've blocked my phone number, you've blocked me on social media. How the fuck am I supposed to tell you if they're okay or not?" You found yourself getting angrier by the minute - just wanting to let everything off of your chest. 

"Or what if you had them and there was an emergency? Would you tell me if either of our kids were in the hospital? Or wait for me to find out through the internet?" You questioned.

"Don't you fucking dare. You know I'd tell you in a heartbeat." Ethan finally spoke, with a clenched jaw. 

"Then we need to start acting our age, and be healthy role models for our babies." You sulked, letting a tear fall from your eye. 

"We can do it Y/N. Don't cry." He rubbed your arm comfortingly. 

"I just hope we can make it through this, because I don't want either of them thinking we hate each-other."