Hometown Christmas - Ethan Dolan

Living in LA had it's perks but it was not what you would want to call a 'forever' home. New Jersey was your forever home. You and Ethan had been married for two years, and so had Grayson and his Californian wife, Paxton. Both of the weddings had been within the time period of four months, yours and Ethan's being first. 

Now, been twenty-two, you and Ethan were headed to the restaurant, where you were to meet your brother in law and his wife. It was the second of December, not far from their birthdays and Christmas. 

Everyone knew, that you and Paxton had differences. A lot of them. She would rather party and you would rather stay home. She would have a makeup stylist come in everyday and you'd rather do it yourself, once every other week. You were practically the polar opposite, but you two did get along at times. 

"Glad you could show up, you've only taken an extra hour than what we agreed." Grayson joked, standing up and greeting you both with a hug. 

"Fashionably late, is the best kind of time." You chuckled.

"Hey Paxton." You smiled at her.

"Hey Y/N, you look nice." She told you and of course you returned the compliment. Grayson sat next to you, and Ethan was opposite you. 

"I've ordered us a bottle of red wine for the occasion." Paxton announced and you were thankful because a glass of that, would help get you through the night. Once the bottle was brought over and everyone had ordered their food, it was time for talk. 

"What do you guys wanna do for Christmas?" Was the question that completely ruined the night. 

"I was thinking that we could fly our family out, and have Christmas in our LA home. We've never done it, and it means we won't have to travel." Ethan said, and your jaw-dropped.

"Bro, it's tradition to fly back to New Jersey." Grayson reminded his brother, and you were thankful he didn't agree with this either. 

"My family is here though babe, we could have one massive Christmas in California." Paxton tried to reason.

"Y/N, babe." Ethan snapped you out of your thoughts. 

"I'm sorry but I'm not spending Christmas here. You can fly your family out, but my grandparents are way to old to travel that far." You sighed, taking a sip of the wine. 

"Come on Y/N, wouldn't you prefer a hot Christmas?" Paxton asked. 

"Honestly, no. It's easy for you to say all these great things, because you've grown up here. I haven't." You didn't mean to sound like a dick, but it was true.

"You don't have to be rude." Ethan glared at you. 

"Y/N's right though. Having a snowy Christmas is everything we've ever known. Being in our family home, having the fire on, doing the annual snow run, it's the best." Grayson continued. Both Ethan and Paxton had very annoyed expressions on their faces. 

"But we've never had Christmas in California and we won't know unless we try." Ethan clenched his jaw. 

"What brought this on? Why do you oh so desperately need to have Christmas here?" Grayson sternly spoke to his older twin. 

"Because then we could invite all of Paxton's family too!" Ethan smiled at her, and your heart was literally about to beat out of your chest.

"So Paxton's your priority huh?" You raised an eyebrow. 

"Y/N what the fuck-" Paxton continued but Ethan stopped her. 

"Stop being immature. I'm not arguing with my wife in front of my brother and his wife, stop being so dramatic and actually think about how I feel. I will fly everyone out, we will have Christmas here." He said and you laughed before scooting your chair out. 

"YOU, will have Christmas here, I'm flying home, like tradition. I moved out here for you, the least you can fucking do is come back for a Hometown Christmas for a week." You threw a twenty dollar bill on the table. 

"Y/N don't leave." Grayson sighed. You put on your jacket. 

"And for your information, Paxton has never been to New Jersey for Christmas, so I don't see the fucking reason for this argument. Goodbye." You waved everyone off and headed out of the restaurant. 

"The one time she was excited to come out and you guys just ruined it." You over-heard Grayson say and you just let out a massive sigh. There was one place that you wanted to be right now, and it was where you found comfort when you were stressed or upset.

It was the beach. Very typical, but it also had a special place in your heart because it was also where Ethan had proposed to you. The Uber you had ordered, didn't take to long to drop you to your destination and once you got there, you sat on some of the rocks.

The sun was slowly going down and the only sounds you could hear were the waves crashing against the rocks. God knows how long you were going to be there, but you knew it would be a while. 

"Thought I'd find you here." You heard Ethan's voice from behind you, and you jumped out of your skin. 

"Asshole." You let out a sigh of relief and turned your back to him once again. 

"I'm sorry for being a dick earlier." Ethan apologised as you felt him sit beside you.

"We can go to New Jersey, it's the least I should do for you Y/N." Ethan continued.

"Don't just say that because we've had an argument Ethan." You groaned. 

"I'm not Y/N. When Paxton mentioned an LA Christmas, I thought it sounded like a great idea but then it escalated. Seven fucking years ago, I never expected you to agree moving out here. You packed everything up and I will forever be grateful for that." Ethan draped an arm around your shoulder and pulled you closer. 

"You barely get to see any of your family, it's only fair that we go back there. I shouldn't have even suggested it." He placed a kiss to your head. 

"I'm sorry I was a drama queen." You told him and he lightly laughed. 

"You were sticking up for what you wanted, I don't care." He hugged you tighter. 

"Plus Paxton and Grayson had the exact same argument, so we all compromised and now we're all going to New Jersey."