Chapter 13

I feel a pounding in my head and twists in my stomach. I ring the bell beside me with an internal smirk, "Daniel! Hurry with the meds!" He strolls in throwing the bottle beside me before throwing a water bottle at the other side of me. "You could've hit me! Ow. My head." I complain.

He growls before falling back onto the bed. I do love when I'm sick. "Why'd you want that medicine too? Midol."

He makes this too easy. "Well Midol is awesome during periods so why not pregnancy? Wait did you call the pack doctor to make sure I can take them?"

He groans before standing. He shuffles out into the hall. It's only eight AM. He's acting like this isn't the time he usually... wait doesn't he get up at ten? Oh... Oops? He comes back in and says, "You can take Midol, don't take the other."

I smile wide, "Midol is magical!" He's already asleep. I stand making my way downstairs. I swear there's a song that goes like that, "Makin my way downtown, walking fast... um... faces flashin." So terrible. I laugh before walking into the living room but then I remember it's someone's sixteenth birthday. Wait... dang it today there was supposed to be school. I'll get Daniel to go get the work I missed later. I hear crying in the kitchen and I walk in to see Chris sitting on a stool covering her face with her hands. "Chris?"

She shoots up but relaxes when she realizes it's me. "Oh, it's you Luna."

I smile a little only to be nice. "Are you alright?"

She wipes a tear from her eye and says, "My mate rejected me today."

My eyes widen, "Why? Your gorgeous and nice and smart."

She smiles a little to make me feel better, "Because I'm an omega."

Oh hell no.

***

Chris's mate's the Beta and I haven't said a thing to him, but he does watch every time Chris walks in the room and he's always staring until she gets to me and then he stops. He always throws her glances but it's too late.

She said that if he changes his mind she'll consider it, but she'll make the ass work for it. Its been a few months since. Now it's the end of summer and me and Chris have school, but Daniel doesn't anymore and he doesn't like being separated from me for so long. And that's when I go out to a party for a couple hours without him. He whined the entire time when I slept over at Kate's. It's almost time for the baby to be born though. School starts in two weeks and I'll be able to go without anyone knowing about her or him.

I feel a kick and smile, "Daniel." I wake the sleeping figure beside me and he groans. I just sit in bed watching TV for an hour every day until he gets up.

"Hmm?" He says eyes still closed and head still down.

"They're kicking." That wakes him up. Alright so the last couple months the baby's been kicking and every time Daniels out or I'm not at home so Daniel's never felt it. He lays his hand on my stomach feeling the kick again. It doesn't hurt when the baby kicks, but it feels strange.

Daniel smiles widely as he feels it kick multiple times. "Oh my god." I smile wide and his hand stays there even after the baby's done. He leans down kissing my enormous stomach and says, "I love you baby. And don't tell your mama, but I love her too."

I scoff and say, "If that's a secret then you are terrible at keeping them." He smiles before kissing me. I chuckle before feeling the baby move. I stop kissing him putting a hand on my stomach. It feels strange when the baby moves. I sigh, "Its still strange when she moves."

Daniel smiles, "Well you only have a few months of pregnancy so your body hasn't adjusted to the babies movements."

I roll my eyes, "Whatever weirdo."