MTPC 28

Chapter 28

|Mikhail " Khail " Daniels|

My pops, uncles, and I have been searching for the person that hit Nicole and we've come up with nothing. So we put our ear to the streets. I know somebody gone talk, eventually. Nicole injuries are starting to heal and she's getting around better, but still have the pain. I wish I could take the pain away from my baby. I hate to see her this way.

I try not to think about the baby we lost because I don't want to cry. I'm just thankful Nicole is still here and my family here to help.

"You ready to go?" Uncle Rony asked. I nodded. We supposed to be meeting with someone they knew from when they were in the game.

"Nigga come on. Slow ass. You should've been ready." Uncle Rony said. I rolled my eyes.

"Roll 'em again and I'll beat 'em outta ya face with my belt." He said. I smacked my lips.

"Ain't nobody scared of you." I said getting up.

"Say it witcha chest lil nigga." He said. I bust out laughing.

"Shut up." I said. He mugged me.

"You shut up." He said.

"Rony shut the fuck up and come on and stop arguing with my damn son." Pops said. We walked out the door heading to this meeting.

|Nicole " NiNi " Thomas|

I was home alone with nothing to do except lay in bed and flip through the damn channels. The guys went to some meeting I really wasn't paying too much attention because I had a slight headache. I had taken some pain killers for it.

I adjusted the pillows behind me to watch Rush Hour. I can never get enough of Chris Tucker. I watched the first 45 minutes of it before I felt the pills kicking in and soon drifted off to sleep.

●●●●●●●

I felt the bed dip and I woke up. I glanced at the time to see it was three in the morning. Um somebody must forgot they got a girl at home or some shit.

"Where you coming from?" I asked sleepily.

"The meeting." He said. He left here at 12 in the afternoon yesterday and it's now three in the morning. I didn't know a meeting take 15 hours. This is new to me. I sniffed the air. Oh hell to the no! Meeting my ass. I sat up and slowly got out of bed.

"Where you going?"

"The guest room."

"Why?"

"Cause you're lying for no reason." I said. He got up to follow me.

"Nicole listen."

"No 'cause I asked one question and you clearly lied about your whereabouts. So get the fuck out my face." I said pushing him out my damn way.

"Nicole just hear me out." He said.

"What boy?"

"I went to the strip club." He said.

"Then you could've said that. I don't care about you going to the damn strip club. Next time invite me, I wanna see some big booty bitches." He chuckled.

"I'm sorry."

"Is that all that happened?" I asked.

"Yes." He said. I nodded.

"Let's go to IHOP." I said. I became hungry all of a sudden.

"Ite let's me put on some clothes." He said. I put on some shoes and grabbed my phone. I waited five minutes before Mikhail came out the bathroom.

"Let's ride." He said.

●●●●●●●

When we walked into IHOP and only two other people were in here. I didn't see a waitress or hostess so I grabbed two menus and we found a booth and waited for someone to take our order.

"What can I get you to drink?" This girl asked smacking her gum. Like damn can I have my ears. She eyed Mikhail up and down before smirking.

"I'll have an orange juice, water, and extra ice." I said making sure she seen me. She frowned at me.

"What about you handsome?" She asked Mikhail. I'm not going to say anything 'cause I know I already got him.

"Orange juice." He said not even looking at her.

"Do you know what you want or you need extra time?"

"Let me get the Grand Slam, with a side of grits." I said handing her my menu.

"And you?"

"The same." He said. She frowned cause he ignored her. She was doing the most right now and if my leg wasn't in this cast I was going to Jackie Chan this hoe. She walked away mumbling some shit.

It didn't take long for our food to come. I felt like I could eat a horse. I was that hungry.

"Slow down bae It's not going anywhere." Mikhail said. I swallowed my food and giggled.

"Well if you would've feed me yesterday before you left I wouldn't be hungry." I said playfully glaring at him. He shook his head.

"My bad baby."

"I want to ask you something."

"What?"

"Why haven't you cried?" He looked at me with so much emotion.

"I needed to be strong for you." He said. I grabbed his hand.

"Mikhail you're the strongest person I know, especially with having a family like the one you have." He laughed a little.

"It's okay to cry that's all I want you to know. I already came to terms that it wasn't meant for us to have a baby right now. We've just been going through too much." I said. He kissed my hand.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I said. After we were done eating Mikhail and I waited for the bill.

"Hey could I have your number?" The girl asked. I grabbed a steak knife and cut her ass on the same arm that held her phone. The nerve. Mikhail put the money on the table and we left.

"My dad was right." Mikhail said.

"About what?" I asked as we walked in the house.

"My mom and aunts are changing you." He said chuckling. I hit him on the arm.

"No they're not."

"You did something my momma and aunts would do back at IHOP. Why you think my brother, sister, and cousins so damn bad?" He said. I shook my head.

Am I starting to act crazy like them? I shrugged at that question. I kicked off my shoe and got in bed. Sleep was calling my name and I gladly answered.