MTPC 40

Chapter 40

|Nicole " NiNi " Thomas|

Mikhail was finally done packing his luggage. He was leaving to go on the road for the start of the season. I wanted to be there, but I had to work. London was upset that he was leaving too. She even drew him a picture to remember us. It was so cute.

"Dada no leave." London pouted with her arms folded.

"Daddy will be back." Mikhail said picking London up.

"You promise?" She asked. He nodded.

"Yes I promise." He said. She smiled and kissed his cheek.

"You ready?" I asked. He nodded. I grabbed his toiletry bag and he grabbed his luggage. I made sure I had my purse and keys. I was driving him to where they had to meet, so he could catch his flight.

Since they are on a chartered flight, they don't have to walk through the terminal, so they proceed straight to the plane on the tarmac. They get the royal treatment if you ask me.

The ride to the airport was a good one. I was going to miss my baby, but I knew this was his dream.

"We here." I said. I looked around to see some of the players and some family hanging around and talking. I look at the time to see that we're thirty minutes early. They didn't leave till 11.

"I'm going to miss you." I pouted with London on my hip. Paparazzi were shouting commands and snapping pictures, with they irkin' ass.

"I'm going to miss the both of you, but daddy has to work." He said. That daddy had a double meaning to it. He so nasty.

"Wuv you daddy." London said.

"I love you too. Be good for mommy." He said kissing her cheek. I looked around at the other people. The players were staring to board the plane. I spotted that chick I fought. Her neck and arm had a cast on it. She looked at me and rolled my eyes. I smirked.

"I love you and hold it down 'cause I'mma hold it down for you." He said, then kissed me.

"You smart baby, you smart." I said mimicking DJ Khaled. He bust out laughing.

"Say my name."

"Mikhail."

"Say my name."

"Mikhail." I said. Then we bust out laughing. That video never gets old.

I watched him board the plan. I miss him already.

"Dada bye bye." London said.

"He'll be back soon." I said. I made my way to my car and buckled London in. This was going to be the longest three weeks without Mikhail.

|Mikhail " Khail " Daniels|

I asked Joel why were some of the cheerleaders here, because that chick Nicole fought was in the plane and she kept watching me, he told me that they are here because they are the one's that get paid. He said most of the NBA cheerleaders are paid and while most don't make enough solely from dancing at games, the dancers do make money between promotional appearances and modeling. I just nodded when he told me that. As long as she stay out my way, we good.

During the flight, I was working on the plane preparing for the game against the Cavaliers. As I work the coaching staff is watching the tape of previous games. The players are studying film, watching DVD movies, playing cards or sleeping. I still don't fuck with no one here, but Joel.

I also try to stay out of the public eye as much as possible. I like playing ball, but the paparazzi is always there. I know we going to have it hard, being that it is the beginning of the season and the video of Nicole beating whatever her name is ass is still the hot topic. It's like they get a kick out of this shit. The video has over 3 million views on WORLDSTAR. It's on IG, the gossip stations, and other social sites. Some of my teammates started talking to me more because of it, but I still ignore they ass. Don't try and talk to me now cause you weren't talking to me before.

●●●●●●●

I head downstairs where I board our bus, which takes the team to a morning shoot-around. With everyone still bleary eyed, the shoot-around begins at The Q at 10. At a morning shoot-around, the players break a sweat and take some shots to warm up. Then, they run through some of the plays and sets that we will use in the game. The assistant coach will demonstrate the plays they feel the opposition will use and what the Cavaliers will try.

By 11 we were back to the hotel, resting up or doing whatever we wanted. I stayed my distance from the other players and only talked to them when needed. My phone started to ring. I looked at the caller ID to see my mom calling me. I smiled and answered the phone.

While we talked I went and got some lunch.

After eating lunch in the mall food court, I had some time before the game, so I bought London and Nicole some stuff.

I was going to Skype Nicole and London after the game. I miss them something serious.

When I walked out the store, and that chick was walking my way.

"Wait up." She said. I continued walking. She caught up to me.

"Why you in a rush?" She asked. I ignored her.

"Are you seriously going to ignore me?" She asked, grabbing my arm. I snatched away from her.

"Don't ever in your life put your fucking hands on me, unless you hate your life. I don't like you so stay the fuck out my face." I said. She looked at me.

"Come on. We can just get to know each other." She said. I turned and continued to walking. Why these females be crazy?

●●●●●●●

"Yo Rookie!" Someone shouted.

"That's not my name." I said placing my beats on my ear. We had just won our first game and I was tired. We didn't stay in Cali that long. We came, we played, we left. Now we going to our next destination. I felt a touch on my shoulder, which caused my reflexes to grab whoever it was hand and bend it, but not break it, just enough pressure to cause some type of pain. I look up to see Derek.

"What?"

"Why you so hostile?" He asked. I let his hand go. They forever walking up on people here. Okay, next time somebody getting shot.

"What do you want, Derek?" I asked.

"I - well the team what to know why you only fuck with Joel, here, and not us." He said, massaging his hand. I glanced at Joel and he shrugged. I stood up so that everyone could hear me.

"Why am I any of concern to any of you? Before y'all never noticed me, nor showed any interest in me, so let's keep it like that. I'm here to play ball not make friends or become no fake ass brother with y'all." I said, placing my beats back on my ear. I don't have time for their shit. Making this money is my only priority.