Something In The Wings

2 weeks had past and Lani still Hasn't Talked to Alex. He'd given up trying. He knew he was wrong. Alex waved at her every time he saw her, but Lani kept a straight face. She didn't wanna talk.

"La, I put the order in for your wings. Let's ride." Jacion said sitting on the hood of Lani's car waiting for her.

"Jacion, I'm not fucking playing with you" Lani Said gritting her teeth.

"Huh" Jacion uttered in confusion

"I told your ass stop calling me 'La' and GET THE FUCK OFF MY CAR."

Lani didn't want him calling her the name Alex gave her. She didn't wanna think of him anymore.

"Who the fuck you talking to with all that bass in your voice" Jacion asked jumping off the car and walking up to Lani

"You nigga, who else" she said still tryna act hard.

Jacion playfully grabbed Lani by her throat and backed her up against the car. Looking in her eyes and sucking on his bottom lip. Lani smiled, enjoying how aggressive he was. And in the school parking lot? Oh yea.

"I hear you." He said releasing her from his grip "lets go"

Lani and Jacion got in the car and we're bout to pull off when someone knocked on her window, hard. It was The Swamp Rat; Jade. She was popping off at the mouth but Lani Couldn't Head Over her music.

Lani looked at Jacion like she was just gonna pull off. Jacions laughed.

"What you say?" Lani asked as she let the window down and cut the music off.

"Bitch I Said Yo-"

"Bitch?" Lani exclaimed putting her hand on her chest in shock but also in amusement.

Jacion Laughed At Lani Because he knew she was unbothered.

"I don't know what you man's laughing about over there" Jade Said Looking In Jacion's direction

"I ain't her nigga" Jacion said with a straight face

"Yea, he ain't my nigga" Lani said laughing

"Good" Jade, the swamp rat said "I guess I'll just fuck him then.."

"Bitch I wouldn't spit in your direction. Fuck wrong with ya?" Jascion Said Looking At her with a stank face.

Lani smiled at Jade which made her even more mad. She saw Alex approaching the car through the side mirrors and tried to cut the conversation short.

"Jade, what do you want?" Lani Said, now annoyed

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Alex said trying to pull Jade away from the car.

"I mean, you're still fucking her right?" Jade asked loudly "That why you won't fuck me right?"

"Girl shut up, you sound stupid" Alex said still trying to move Jade.

"I saw the messages Alex. Talking bout you love her and you only want her. So you must be fucking her."

They argued back and forth.

"Baby, What The fuck she talking about" Jacion asked confused

"Ion know. Trippin" She Said as she rolled the window up and drove off.

Jacion grabbed Lani's phone and went through her and Alex's Messages. Lani wasn't worried because Her And Jacion weren't actually together. And she hadn't even opened any messages from Alex Since the night shit blew up.

They pulled up to Wing Shack

—————————

"Wild" Jacion Said

"What?" Lani Asked

"He talking bout he loves you and you mean everything to him. Talking a lot of shit about me" Jacion Laughed Sitting the phone back down.

"Let's go eat babe. I'm starved" Lani Said ignoring him.

———————————

Jacion and Lani were eating there food when Alex Walked In the door. He'd come there every Friday. Just like Lani. But he didn't come for food today. He walked straight to Lani

"La" Alex said quietly

"Nah." Lani replied not even looking in his direction.

"La, I ne-"

"She Said she straight" Jacion interrupted him, sizing Alex up.

"Babe" Lani Said giving Jacion a look of disapproval.

"Babe?" Alex Said

"Here we go" Lani said wiping her hands and rolling her eyes

"Ima Be in the car" Jacion said leaning over to kiss Lani on the forehead.

Alex clenched his fence and his blood boiled. Jacion stood up and sized Alex up one more time before grabbing the keys and walking out the door. Alex Sat Down across from Lani.

"So that's what you're doing now?" Alex started.

"You Came To eat or Argue" Lani Asked, Irritated

"La, what are you doing with this guy? I don't trust hi-"

"None of your business Alex"

"Alex? Since when am I Alex To You?" he said confused. Lani always only called him Lee

"Ight, ima go" Lani Said Getting Up From the table.

"La, wait!" Alex Said following her out the door.

"Where's Jade, Alex?" Lani Asked trying to get him to leave.

"I left her. We're not together anymore" he said grabbing Lani's hand in attempt to make her stop

Lani pulled away and turned to face him.

"What? you just fucked her and left her for someone more available? Sound familiar" Lani Said

"I didn't fuck that girl" Alex said reaching for her hand again.

"Yea Ight" Lani mumbled, rolling her eyes.

"I didn't and I need you to believe me. I on-"
Alex froze and stared at Lani's neck. His grip on her wrist got tighter.

"What?" Lani asked trying to break from his grip. It was useless.

"What's that?" He said still staring at her neck

"What's what? Can you let my wrist go?"

"La" he said as his blood boiled "What is that.... on your neck?"

Lani Put her hand on the side of her neck remembering the hickey Jacion had given her earlier that day. Alex yanked her arm and pulled her closer to him.

"So that's what you're doing. Huh? You thought I was fucking Jade so you fucked him?" Alex said quietly but Lani could here the anger in his voice.

"Lee, I didn't." Lani's voice was shakey. Alex Had never gotten aggressive with her

"You expect me to believe that" Alex's tone grew louder.

A car door slammed. Jacion got out the car.

"Lee" Lani's voice was soft now. She wasn't mad anymore. "I didn't have sex with him, we just messed around. I pro-"

"You got a problem?" Jacion said leaning agains the back of the car.

"I'm fine." Lani responded, wiggling her wrist from Alex's grip.

Alex just looked at Jacion. He wanted to hurt him. He was so pissed off at the thought of Jacion touching her. He focused his attention back on Lani.

"I'll call you later. Will you answer?" he said quietly.

"Yea. I'll uh- I'll pick up" Lani Said slowly.

Alex got in his car and drove away. Lani and Jacion did the same.

"Why'd he have your wrist like that?" Jacion asked concerned

"Must be something in the wings" Lani Joked trying to avoid the conversation.