Three - Problematic crush

Johnny tells you to calm down.

"My instructions say to stay by your side 24/7"
"We have tons of rooms, just pick one!"
"Miss y/n, I won't bother you I promise. Your dad stated it'd be safest if I stayed in your room"
"WHAT"

He set a blanket on the floor next to your bed.
"It's just in case. We never know. Danger could come from anywhere"
He looked so uncomfortable there. You feel bad and start talking him into sleeping on the bed with you.

"Hey. Don't be ridiculous. You're not sleeping on the floor when I have such a huge bed. Just take the other side"
At first he was unsure. Would it be breaking boundaries to accept?
After some time fighting with him over it, you grab him and force him to go sleep on the other side.
"See? There's so much room. We don't even touch"
He gives in. He still thinks you're too nice to him. He's unsure how to take your kindness.

The next morning comes, your alarm goes off and the first thing you see is Johnny staring at you from a chair in the corner. You wake up in shock.
"Were you watching me the whole time?!"
"Not the whole time. But for a while yes. It's my job"
You sigh. That's so awkward. But whatever. You get dressed and ready for school.

"Are you driving me again today?" You ask
"Everyday from now on"

This isn't good. Rin thinks you hate him still. And if the school finds out, they'll think you're together.

"Okay. Let's find a way to hide you. Maybe park  down the street and walk on our own?"
"If you'd like"

He didn't ask any questions or argue. You don't know why but it shocked you.

So you do just that. There's a small park near the school with bike parking. You walk first and he follows you from afar.

This is what your everyday life now looked like. At first it wasn't hard hiding your relationship. Johnny was good at being cold and reserved and never bothering you much. But Rin grew suspicious. Why were you always staying late in class after school? And why were you walking to school in the mornings now? Usually you always get dropped off and picked up. But she didn't say a thing.

[in class]
Rin: don't you think he's cute?
You: who?
Rin: new guy duh
You: omg ew no
Rin: you're always so picky sheesh. Help me get his number
You: uhhhhh
Rin: please! What if he's the love of my life?
You: uh trust me he's not. He's too busy for that
Rin: how would you know?
You: uhhh a gut feeling
Rin: y/n please you're good with guys
You: ugh fine. Whatever. I can try
Rin: yay! Thank you

[at home]
You: soooo Rin likes you
Johnny: I'm sorry for her
You: she wants your number and asked me for it
Johnny: oh
You: idk what to do. She's my best friend and I told her I'd help
Johnny: I'd prefer you refuse to help. but you are free to do as you please.
You: I just realized even I don't have your number
Johnny proceeds to take your phone from your hands.
you don't know why but this action makes you blush. your hands touched for a split second and they felt warm.
Johnny: it's already on your phone miss. I added it when i first got hired by your father.
*he shows you his contact*
here. but only use it in case of an emergency if I'm not here.

you think to yourself, this new bodyguard is so weird and he wouldn't be a good boyfriend for Rin. it's better to make sure she stops obsessing over him before his real identity leaks out.

~