Forty seven - Another crush

Once the seatbelt sign turned off you unbuckled it and walked over to Johnny's seat to sit together. The air is always cold on planes for some reason so a blanket in addition to Johnny's body heat felt like the peak of comfort. He put on a movie for you both to watch. Soon enough you fell asleep on his shoulder exhausted from your lack of rest.

It was awkward for Jaehyun and Rin since they were single and didn't know each other. Jaehyun couldn't help but feel hurt at the sight of you being so close to Johnny. He was still convinced it should've been him instead.

Rin tried to initiate small talks with Jaehyun but he didn't feel like getting close to her at all, even seeming annoyed. So she eventually just gave up and inserted her airpods in to watch a movie on her screen.

You slept comfortably for the entire trip. Jaehyun mentioned earlier that it'd be about 6 hours on the jet then a half hour on the boat. Seemed like a very well-hidden far away island. Even commercial airplanes didn't fly this route. Your father was so clever. Could you even replace someone like him?

You woke up to the sound of the pilot announcing your arrival soon. Johnny was so close to your face it kind of shocked you. He kissed you and smiled. You were taken by surprise, unsure how to react. You realized you were in his seat cuddled up in his arms. You were so tired and slept so deeply you forgot what was happening, where you were and what you did before falling asleep. You even thought it was the next morning already.

It took you a moment to remember where you were. You noticed Rin and Jaehyun by the side ignoring each other. It got awkward for you to be so lovey-dovey with Johnny in front of them so you quickly got up to stretch.

johnny: what's wrong?

you: nothing, just stretching. i should get back to my seat and attach my seatbelt we're landing soon.

johnny: kay, love you

You couldn't reply. Things were too perfect. You questioned if this was a dream. You loved him so much so why couldn't you say it back?

you: m-me too

Johnny wasn't stupid he knew something was up but let it go because he loved you. You looked out the plane window. The view was breathtaking, the ocean was a shade of blue you thought only existed in movies and photos. Pure beauty. You yelled out to Rin in excitement.

you: RIN! OMG DO YOU SEE THIS?

Jaehyun chuckled, happy to impress you.

rin: Oh wow, it's so pretty!

Your excitement level increased by a thousand. Once the plane landed you walked out with Rin to admire the landscape.

jaehyun: ladies, this is nothing compared to where we're going.
he laughed.

You couldn't believe him. He then showed everyone to a speedboat on which you rode for half an hour. You could see dolphins swimming alongside you, you couldn't stop smiling and being so happily surprised; so was Rin. Jaehyun and Johnny both watched you from afar and found inner peace in your happiness. They both loved you so much, your smile alone was enough to appease them. But it hurt Jaehyun to know you weren't his to keep. Rin saw his smile fading watching you.

You went up to Johnny and grabbed his hand.
you: babe touch the water! it's so nice!

Johnny's hand went into the water then suddenly splashed you. You screamed and left your mouth wide open. It made him laugh like a child. This triggered a water fight between you two.

Rin sat by Jaehyun, they both stared at you fighting with Johnny.

Rin: you're too easy to read, you know

Jaehyun: what?

Rin: you're still in love with her obviously

Jaehyun laughed: tell me something i don't know

Rin: fine. [pause] it hurts at first. you want the pain to go away but it doesn't. you keep thinking about how you could've saved your relationship. you wonder what went wrong. you blame Johnny, you blame her, but most importantly you blame yourself. you hate feeling powerless because you're used to being in control of everything.

Jaehyun in a serious tone: are you mocking me? is this funny to you?

Rin: I'm not done.
Rin continues: you'll be miserable for the rest of your life if you don't get over her ... if you don't let her go. you need to stop thinking she'll eventually be yours or that she ever was. otherwise it'll destroy you, it'll eat you inside until you go crazy.

Jaehyun: you speak like you've been in this situation before

Rin: tmi but yes. i've had my fair share of toxic relationships. but unlike you i learned to let it go

Jaehyun: stop acting like you know me. you don't know what i've been through and what i've done for y/n

Rin: you're right. i don't know. but i can see that you're in desperate need of help. and it just so happens that i know how to help. but you're too prideful to accept it

Jaehyun: what do you want?

Rin: excuse me?

Jaehyun, grinding his teeth tightly making him hard to understand: if i accept your help, like you said, what do you want in return?

Rin: wow. you really think I'm offering help because i want something from you?

Jaehyun: y-yeah?

Rin: relax. i'll do it for free. y/n is my best friend so i consider helping you, like it's helping her.

Their conversation was getting pretty deep, you noticed their sad serious faces. Thinking she needed saving, you decided to grab her to come play with you. But she wasn't feeling as happy as you were.

you, whispering: rin what's wrong? what did jae do? was he mean to you?

rin: you're gonna kill me

you: what?

rin: i think i'm starting to like jae

you: ...

~