Thirty - Rivalry

He was quite different from Johnny, both in appearance and personality. Almost complete opposites. Johnny was more quiet and serious with a kind heart. Jaehyun gave you an arrogant talkative jerk kind of vibe. Johnny liked to dress casually, Jaehyun was in a suit with slicked back hair.

you: jae- jaehyo- jaehyun omg i'll just call you jay okay? hasn't your dad taught you manners? you don't force someone into loving you

He smirked and laughed quietly.

you: what's so funny?

jaehyun: you used to call me jay when we were kids. and you used to yell at me a lot too. looks like you haven't changed much, you're still you

It was like both Johnny and Jaehyun mistook you for someone else. You wished to remember everything. This amnesia was like another wall you needed to break down. They had an advantage over you and you hated being so clueless. What even was the truth anymore?

you: i'll ask you the same question i asked johnny. if you knew me then why didn't you come back? i was lonely, felt unloved. i needed someone. why weren't you here?

jaehyun: to be honest i wasn't ready to see you again. i wanted to be perfect before meeting you again. i wanted you to love me for the new man i'd become. not for the little boy i used to be

You couldn't help but feel off. Johnny was being awfully quiet. Why wasn't he standing his ground? fighting for you?

you to johnny: you're not gonna say anything?

johnny: y/n there's only 2 people on this planet i can't protect you from. reason being cause they truly mean the best for you but also because they love you as much as i do. first one being your father ... and second one being—

you: jay?

He nodded yes in disappointment. You didn't even know this guy but he already made an astonishing first impression on you. Who was he? How was he going to change your life now?

you: no one is gonna "win" me over alright? I'm not some object you can claim. let's make that clear with you two. i don't care what happened between you, or even between us three. if i don't remember then it never happened. the only person i belong to is myself

Jaehyun smiled at your words.
jaehyun: i see you still got that attitude of yours. it's really cute

You got quiet, his words disturbed you. His confidence was an oddly interesting trait.

you: jay, johnny, both of you leave!

They gave each other a dark glance. You felt the rivalry across the room. Eventually, you found yourself alone in your room again. Just like day one, when you didn't have anyone. When no one was here for you. It's crazy how life can take a huge turn in just a heartbeat. You went from having nobody to having two handsome men fighting to win you over.

Of course you had feelings for Johnny, so why couldn't you stop thinking about Jaehyun? But most importantly you thought about what he said. You guys were engaged? An arranged marriage decided by your dad? Why would he do this? And Johnny, why was he so intimidated by this guy? What was it Johnny knew that he won't tell you? You thought some walls broke down between you both but now it just seemed like he wasn't opening up to you at all. How much more was he hiding? Maybe it wasn't a good idea giving your heart to him yet. You realized how easily he could break it. And it scared you.

But you missed him. You just wanted to hug him and feel his warmth. You needed him right now. So you yelled out his name hoping he'd come back.

you: JOHNNY!

The door opened and you were happy for a moment until ... you realized it wasn't the person you desired to see.

~

hai it me,
since the last chapter frustrated a lot of you, I'm gonna release 2 chapters today 😭 to advance the story a bit so y'all don't get mad at me lol
one will come out in the morning (this one) and the other in the afternoon. this means a chapter might not go out friday.
some of y'all are really impatient and that's why we can't have nice things 😂

anyways thanks for being amazing readers <3