Forty nine - Outburst

[on their walk]

Meanwhile Johnny and Rin were also having a deep talk. Rin ran up to Johnny.

Rin: hey can we talk?

Johnny: what do you want?

Rin: you know you don't need to be so rude, I'm not your enemy

johnny: just get to the point

rin: this question has been on my mind since the start of this trip

johnny: what?

rin: why do you and jay love y/n so bad? what is it that makes you both so crazy about her?

Johnny chuckled: so you noticed huh?

rin: the tense rivalry can be felt across the damn ocean, its so obvious of course i noticed.

johnny: sorry to disappoint but it's not something you'd understand.

rin: wanna bet?

johnny: more like it's not something i can tell you

rin: why not

johnny: listen. if you were smart you'd stay away from this mess. that's my advice to you

rin: wow. what happened to you two? no. to you three?

johnny: why do you wanna know?

rin: well y/n is my best friend. and ..

johnny: and?

rin: idk i think i like jay

Johnny bursted out in a quiet laugh.

johnny: is it the alcohol making you say this?

rin: trust me i wish ... and hey! you don't have to be so rude!
she pouted.

johnny: I'm sorry for you. truly

rin: i don't want your pity, i just wanna understand

johnny: i'll say one thing. we grew up together. so you can call it a childhood love

rin: that's impossible, she never mentioned either of you to me and we've been friends since—

Rin stopped mid-sentence when she saw what was happening back at the bar. Johnny started sprinting towards you with eyes wide open. It had been around 20 minutes so they had just gotten back from their walk.

[continued from last chapter, at the bar]

You: you should date Rin!

*BOOM*
The noise of glass shattering interrupted your speech. The whiskey glass that was in his hand broke in a single grasp. Your words shocked him so much he hurt himself. Jaehyun's face went from a mischievous smirk to a sudden blank expression. He was bleeding pretty badly.

you: oh my god jay your hand is bleeding!

You tried to look at it to help him but as soon as you approached him he quickly retracted his injured hand and told you not to worry about it. You suddenly felt sick to your stomach. Your body was finally reacting to all that liquor you drank tonight. You fell straight to the ground unconscious. That's when Rin and Johnny saw you.

Johnny ran as quickly as he could but wasn't fast enough to catch you. You were completely limp on the ground, barely breathing. You blacked out. Jaehyun also tried to catch you from your fall but with an injured hand, couldn't do much.

Johnny, screaming: WHAT DID YOU DO!

Jaehyun: nothing! i didn't do anything! i swear she was fine then just fell all a sudden

You started to gag, still unconscious. Here it was, the symptoms of alcohol poisoning. Your body was desperately trying to vomit some of it out. But with your mind in a deep sleep, it wasn't easy throwing up. Johnny picked you up and carried you back to the hotel room so he could take better care of you, leaving Rin and Jaehyun alone at the bar.

Jaehyun stood there frozen. He was staring into total emptiness then started shouting, letting out loud groans. He was infuriated, proceeded to destroy the entire place. He flipped a few tables, bashed a couple chairs onto the ground breaking each one of them. Rin was frightened. She didn't know what to do, tried to calm him down. Yelling back at him to stop but nothing was working. Then Jaehyun did something that would halt his tantrum altogether. He punched the wall with his wounded hand. The pain was excruciating. He let out one last scream in agony before falling down on his knees crying.

jaehyun thought:
why is he always the hero and I'm the bad guy? why does she love him so damn much? why is the world so cruel?

Rin quickly attended to his wound. She kneeled down to his level.

Rin, in a soft voice: let me see

As she attempted to grab Jaehyun's hand, he pulled back and angrily yelled at her to go away. Rin wasn't having it anymore. Her face expression turned dark and serious. She finally exploded.

Rin: what is wrong with you! I'm only trying to help okay! why are you always rejecting me like I'm some kind of pest! what did i ever do to you! know what? go ahead then! suffer! I'm tired of all this!

She started getting up to leave when reality suddenly hit Jaehyun. Rin was just like him. Dedicated to a one-sided love. In hopes to prove their worth to someone who isn't even paying attention. He realized he was being the heartless one, an idiot. So now he would give her a chance.

Before she could get completely up he grabbed onto her shirt.

Jaehyun: Rin. [pause] please stay.
he said while avoiding eye contact, ashamed of his previous unkind behavior.

She helped him get back onto his feet and walked him back to the hotel. She spent some time caring for his injury, cleaning, stitching, and patching him up. Meanwhile their conversation got more serious.

Jaehyun: wow you're really good at this

Rin: i volunteer a lot at the hospital, i want to become a nurse

jaehyun: that's awesome. have you looked into programs yet?

rin: yes but they're all pretty expensive. for now i don't have much money, so i'm planning on working a few jobs after high school so i can afford the loans you know?

Jaehyun was shocked at how responsible Rin actually was. This entire time he thought she was just some carefree girl who wasn't going anywhere in life. But in reality she was much more than that, if only he got to know her first before judging.

Rin: here you go, all done. you won't be able to do much with this hand and probably should get it checked out by a real professional. i'm not the best but at least—

jaehyun, while cutting her off: no it's perfect like this. i feel better already. thank you

Rin wondered where all this kindness came from but she wasn't going to cross the line and decided it was time for her to leave now.

As she walked away Jaehyun apologized out of nowhere. It took her by surprise, she turned around to ask why he was sorry when he suddenly hugged her. Rin was flabbergasted, her eyes were wide open and her heart pacing up.

Rin: please don't do this if you don't mean it

Jaehyun leaned in closer and

kissed her.

~