Thirty eight - Past revealed 1

Most of what you knew, most of what you thought you lived wasn't the entire truth. It was to help you cope with what truly happened. Your gut feeling told you Johnny was still hiding something from you and it was correct. In fact, everyone was holding back quite a lot from you.

Here was your life:
Your dad raised you to be a killer. So you could defend yourself against other gangs and from danger. He mostly wanted you to fit into the world of crime you were born in. He deeply desired a son but got you instead so he made sure you'd never find yourself in a situation where you couldn't help yourself against danger. You held your first gun before you could even walk. It was in your blood, you were a natural. Always the best at everything that was taught to you. Sometimes even better than professionals.

You grew up with Jaehyun since he was only a few years older than you and also your dad's best man's son. Johnny didn't come into your life until later when Uncle San discovered him and adopted him. Then it was the 3 of you inseparable trio. Johnny was a scaredy cat, afraid of everything, traumatized. You taught him a lot of what you knew. From shooting to fighting. But also how to become more tough.

You knew Jaehyun for longer so you both had a deeper bond. You could tell him everything easily and he listened to you. This is why you chose him as your future husband when your dad asked who it would be.
Of course this all changed now.

As the chief's daughter you got a ton of pressure to be the best, to be ruthless, to be without mercy, without emotion, without fault. You had to meet all the expectations even exceed them, there were no other options. People had to be afraid of you so they'd respect you and follow you but also so they wouldn't give you a hard time, wouldn't challenge you.

You were someone entirely different from who you were today. One thing changed you.

You were 10, in a car with your mom coming home from headquarters. Back then hq was a separate building. After what happened, your dad combined hq with the mansion. It was where you trained and where your parents worked all day. That night your dad stayed back to do more work. Usually all three of you traveled home together. Another thing he blamed himself for, he should've been in the car with you.

It was quite a normal night. You didn't see what was about to come next. It would change your life forever.

Suddenly a shot fired from outside went straight through your driver's head killing him instantly. The car lost all control and crashed on the side of the road. Luckily a tree softened the impact and both you and your mom were wearing seatbelts. You were badly injured but still alive.

A few men dressed all in black with their faces covered grabbed you and your mom out the car and into theirs. You had no energy left to fight back and your mom passed out at the time. You soon followed to black out. You both woke up in a caged room with hands and feet bound.

You were scared but kept your mind calm. You were trained for this stuff. None of it felt real but you could only think of one thing, how to escape. Your mom was the same, thinking of a way out instead of panicking to death.

[the rest of this will be revealed later]

The kidnappers were most likely enemies of your gang. At this time, the price on you and your mom's head was very high. The Jongdo gang was the most feared in the east side. Anyone who dared even stepping a foot into your territory would meet a painful end.

They dumped you and your mom's body on the side of a random road believing you were both dead. You were both shot in the head. Something no one usually survives. At this point you didn't know if it was luck or a curse to still be alive.

~