Thirty one - Obstacle

Jaehyun walked in when Johnny was the one you called for.

you: where's johnny?

He approached you slowly which made you quite uncomfortable. You pulled your blanket up to cover yourself.

you: don't get any closer!

jaehyun: ha. why so shy? we're gonna spend a lot of time together now

you: where. is. johnny.

jaehyun: he has to leave us alone from now on. your father's orders. if you're not in danger he doesn't need to be around you

You gasped in anguish. It took so long and so much effort for you to get close to Johnny, for you to accept him, for him to open up to you, and it was all for nothing. Just because this Jaehyun guy showed up? You wouldn't have it.

you: where. is. he!

jaehyun: why are you so stuck up on him? he went back home obviously.

You stood up and put on some pants. You grabbed your phone and shoes. Then walked right past him to the front door.

jaehyun yelling towards you: miss y/n don't do this

you from afar, in a mean tone: do NOT follow me jay. i'm serious

You called a taxi and left to Johnny's. You just needed to be with him. You arrived in front of his building and got out the car. While walking the steps up to his apartment you started second guessing yourself. Why was he giving up on you so easily? You finally knocked.

you: Johnny! it's me open up.

Nothing. No one came for a few seconds. You waited around 2 minutes before knocking again. Then called his phone.

beep ... beep ...

johnny: miss y/n please only call this number in case of an emergency
[he became formal towards you again]

you: johnny! are you home? I'm in front of your door and i—

johnny: please leave, you shouldn't come here

He completely changed. What's gotten into him?

you: johnny open NOW! it's an order

He hung up. You were left in disbelief. How dare he? You redialed his phone. Then the lock clicked. He opened the door and let you in. You entered, he closed the door behind you.

johnny: miss y/n you really can't come here anymore. i mean it.

you: why are you so formal, it's just me. and what's wrong with you all a sudden?

johnny: nothing's wrong. I'm your bodyguard. nothing else. you're engaged. we should draw a line

Hearing this saddened you greatly. But you wouldn't have it. You were tired of being weak, tired of crying when life went downhill. This time you'll be strong.

you: why are you acting this way? just a day ago you kissed me and wanted to be my everything. now you just wanna forget it all happened and avoid me?

johnny: sometimes the best things for you aren't the easiest

you: what's that supposed to mean?

johnny: jaehyun. he'll make a great husband.

you: I'm sure he will. but for someone else. not me

johnny: you won't find it hard to fall for him. really.

you: why do you say that! you're starting to make me mad. why does it sound like you're giving up on us?

johnny: because i am. i can't win this fight. both your father and jaehyun are against my odds

you: if you truly loved me, you wouldn't let me go

johnny: it's because i love you that I'm letting you go

His words wounded you deeply. You were left speechless. Should you give up? Should you just marry Jaehyun and move on? You didn't know much about Johnny but if you were sure of one thing it was that he doesn't back out of anything ever. So this was uncharacteristic of him.

You looked around his apartment, it was a mess. Things were thrown on the floor and broken. The table was flipped, couch pillows were torn open, looked like someone robbed the place. You wondered what could've happened here but then it hit you. Was this Johnny's doing? Because he wanted you so bad he hated to see you go. So he let out his anger on objects. Maybe this is why he didn't want you to come in.

You walked towards Johnny, there was such sadness in his eyes. You took his hand with yours, and caressed his face with the other. You looked into his eyes and let go to hug him.

you: it's you i want johnny. and I'm willing to do anything to have you.

Your roles suddenly switched. It was your turn to take lead.

~