Twenty eight - New recruit

Except Rin, no one knew you and Johnny had a thing. And you didn't feel like it was necessary to tell anyone.

It was Sunday morning. The board called for a meeting around 6am. You had barely woken up from sleeping late last night, you went to bed around 4am. Johnny was telling you that if you were too exhausted you could sit out of this one and he'd update you later on what they discussed. But you were new to this whole thing, if you already skipped meetings you'd be seen as an irresponsible little girl who can't take over your father. So you denied and said you'd attend too. But this sucked because Rin was still sleeping and you promised to spend the day with her. Oh well. Nothing you could do about it. She'll have to forgive you.

The purpose of this meeting was to introduce the new team of bodyguards that would take over the men your father took with him to Japan. You'd get your own team, all pretty young so they would last a long time with you. You couldn't focus during the meeting, you kept zoning out due to exhaustion. You struggled so hard but did your best to appear engaged with the discussion.

Luckily it wasn't a big deal because all the board did was walk through each new recruit in deep detail via powerpoint. Something you could catch up on later when you're more awake. It felt like forever but finally it was over and you got back to your room and let the entire weight of your body fall onto your bed.

Rin was still sleeping next to you. By the time you returned to her it was still only 9am and you both were watching movies until 4am. Johnny slept in his separate room he had. But you were awake now, so you fell deep into your thoughts looking at Rin and the ceiling. Maybe life wasn't so bad afterall. You had all you needed right there. A best friend and a man you could count on. You closed your eyes and fell asleep with a smile on your face. Johnny walked in to check on you and saw something that made his heart flutter. Your beautiful smile. He touched your hair a bit and pulled the blanket up to your shoulders then left.

Your phone vibrated pretty loudly it woke you up. It wouldn't stop so you had to open your eyes to turn it off. You had a headache now from oversleeping. Rin moaned and asked what time it was.

you: OMG! RIN IT'S 5PM!

Rin: WHAT

You just wasted a day away. But it was one of the most comfortable deep sleeps you've had in a while. And you were happy because you've never felt so close to both Rin and Johnny before. The walls between you kept crumbling down. One by one.

you: ugh. what should we do now?

Rin: well i have to go home before my mom freaks out haha

you: awww you sure? okay then stay safe! text me when you get home hun

Rin: will do! thanks for the night i had fun

You were thankful to have her. She was more than your best friend. You felt like she could be your sister, your other half. It's true that she'd always been there for you but you were never truly here for her. You wanted to change that from now on.

Johnny walked in. He was wearing a long sleeve black shirt, skin tight exposing his musculature. You were going crazy for this look.

Johnny: you should check your phone

Oh that's right. You completely forgot it's what woke you up.
20 MISSED CALLS FROM YOUR DAD?! What was so urgent he had to call you so many times. You called him back hoping he wouldn't yell at you.

you: dad? what's going on?

dad: my little girl, is everything alright why didn't you pick up my calls?

you: well i—

dad: no matter, i just called to check in on you. how did the meeting go? did you meet him yet?

you: uuhhh it went well?
[you looked at johnny with an oops face]
met who?

dad: your right hand man i picked out for you, you know just like how Taekwoon is mine. he'll be yours

you: oh him! oh yes. excellent
[you had no idea what your father was talking about but pretended to know]

dad: so? what do you think?

you: yes he's great dad. thanks. is that all you had to say?

dad: that's good you like him. I'm excited for you two. yes that's all. just wanted to make sure he pleased you.

you: thanks dad. bye love you! hope you're liking japan!

You hung up. Maybe it was time you went through the powerpoint from this morning. You got up to go to the office. You were still in your pajamas, well you didn't sleep in pjs it was just a long oversized shirt with nothing but your underwear underneath. You hoped no one would judge you too much, you didn't feel like changing just to walk a few doors down your own house.

Johnny followed you.

johnny: wait! y/n you don't wanna go in there lookin like that!

He tried to stop you but it was too late, you had walked in the office already. Wondering why Johnny was freaking out. Then you saw why. You got so embarrassed and froze. You turned red and eyes widened.

There was a handsome young man sitting on your chair doing some work on your desk. Who was this new face?

you: who are you?

Jaehyun: haha i could tell you weren't paying attention this morning. my name's Jaehyun. nice to meet you miss y/n

He bowed down and smiled at you. He was so good looking that his smile distracted you. You suddenly pulled your shirt down so that your underwear wouldn't show and fixed your hair a bit. You were totally embarrassed.

you: wait. who are you?

Jaehyun: your father didn't tell you?
[he paused]
I'm your future husband.
We're engaged y/n.

What did he just say?!

~

from author:
Hai lovelies,

sorry the last chapter kinda sucked cause i wrote it super fast.
anyways, you're gonna hate me, but next chapter comes out on Monday 😬
try to have a good weekend alright? i'll spend mine writing chapters :)

thanks for supporting this book. i promise to work hard giving you better chapters! I'm very excited because the plot is juicyyyyyyyy for the next few chapters ouh ;)