Forty two - Yena

Was Jaehyun right? Was Yena still in love with him? You were the main personality inside this body. Yena was someone developed to conceal your past. She would protect you and remember everything to take the pain away. But she wasn't you. And she wasn't your past either. She only took the shape of your past self. A complicated concept.

jaehyun: stay. you don't need to pretend anymore. I'll be here

yena: it's not that simple. i told you. things happened the way they happened for a reason. i only exist because i have a purpose. if you take away this purpose, i won't exist anymore. and it'll be a mess inside her mind.

jaehyun: what do you mean?

yena: y/n can't handle her own self. she can't handle what happened. she can't handle her past. that's why I'm here

jaehyun: i'll help her

yena: you can't. only i can

jaehyun: why?

yena: i don't even think you could handle it

Jaehyun was about to say something when Yena stopped him.

yena: i really have to go now. she needs to come back to her body. if i stay too long there will be bad consequences

Jaehyun was so sad, he couldn't accept what was happening. With tears in his eyes he asked for one last thing.

jaehyun: can i hold you at least once?

Yena let him hug her. There were no words to describe what this simple gesture did for the both of them. After all these years alone, it healed their broken souls and relieved so much stress. But it wouldn't last. Yena was leaving now.

yena: promise me you'll let her live her life the way she wants to and won't bring up her past

He nodded and she left.

You found yourself still in his arms and confused. The last thing you remembered was him chasing after you. You pushed him away and noticed he was in tears.

you: what are you doing?!

Jaehyun realized Yena was gone now. He sniffed and dried his eyes. He would do as Yena said out of love for her.

jaehyun: nothing sorry. i'll drop you off at school and leave you alone.

you: ha! you think i'll be fooled twice?

jaehyun: im serious. but if you can't trust me i understand. i'll call a car for you and take another one. we can part ways here.

You were on your guard. It was too suspicious. What happened to him all a sudden? Why was he crying? You raised one eyebrow.

you: what's wrong with you?

He smiled at you and didn't reply. He was acting so weird, you didn't get it. But it was whatever to you. At least he left you be. You got to school a few hours late but could've been worse.

Jaehyun returned to see Johnny at the hospital. He wasn't awake yet, still in a deep sleep. So he just sat there waiting for him. Johnny wasn't waking up so Jaehyun ended up falling asleep too. It's been a very long day for all 3 of you. Even at school you struggled to stay awake. Your body was giving in. You needed rest badly. You fainted on your desk. In this very moment all 3 of you were passed out, exhausted and worn out.

Rin tried to wake you up but in no avail. Your head hitting the table made a big noise everyone stared at you wondering what happened.

Rin yelling to the teacher: uhm Mister Choi, i think she fainted

The appropriate protocol when a student faints was to call for an ambulance no matter the situation. But you weren't just any student, your dad made sure that this protocol differed for you. Some bodyguards carried you out and brought you home to rest. You were back on your bed which was pretty ironic given how much effort you put into making it to school today.

Jaehyun was the first to wake up after a couple hours. Seeing that Johnny wasn't budging, he left and asked nurses to notify him when he awoke. He went for a walk by the riverside. This whole situation was such a complicated mess, he had too much on his mind. Then finally a call. Johnny was awake.

But that wasn't all, one of his subordinates told him you fainted at school today. That you were currently resting in your room. He was shocked and didn't know what to do. He really needed to talk to Johnny about Yena. But he also wanted to make sure you were okay.

[at the hospital]
as jaehyun walked in:

johnny in a menacing tone: she didn't reply to my text. what did you do? if you fucked it all up i swear .. you're a dead man jaehyun

~