Fifty four - I'm okay

Rin sobbed for a good 10 minutes before calming down. She cried so hard she started getting those hiccups. That's when you truly knew her heart hurt.

you: gosh rin what happened to you?

You looked at her with a serious concerned face. She took a deep breath before replying.

rin: I'm just tired. tired of being someone I'm not. pretending to be happy all the time, being here for others but never for myself. i just wanna feel true happiness for once. why's it so hard y/n?

You didn't know what to say. Where did all of this come from? This was a side of Rin you've never seen before. What does she mean pretending to be happy? It all sounded like nonsense.

you: where's all this coming from?

rin: i feel like a prisoner of life. y/n do you think i can be freed?

you: answer me. what's going on?

She quickly dried her tears and gave you a fake smile again. This was the Rin you knew. Her dark tone disappeared in a millisecond.

rin, in her normal high pitched voice: forget what i said y/n. I'm just ranting. sorry i worried you. what should we do today? oh i know! let's go ride horses!

You were now more confused than ever before. What in the world?

you: r-rin are you okay?

rin: I'm okay. so ... horses?

you: uh sure?

She clapped in excitement and you went about your day normally. She helped you get ready together and you were quickly back to being the two high school girls you used to be. But her previous state traumatized you. What was that? Why would she open up to you just to shut you back out? Those were genuine tears, genuine pain. How could she just block it out and pretend to smile again? You hated not knowing but respected her choice not to tell you. Maybe in time, she'll reveal what that was all about. But for now, you let her heal the way she was used to healing. By ignoring it.

You couldn't be yourself anymore. You kept that image of her in the back of your head. You looked at her differently now. Worried for her. But still smiled with her, if she was doing it then so should you. Eventually with time, you let it go. The atmosphere lightened up.

You called Johnny to let him know your plans for the rest of the afternoon and to join you at the ranch. It was late now. Close to sundown.

you: wow it's starting to get dark outside, should we just do something else?

rin: no girl! sunsets are perfect for horseback riding. watch the sun go down on the beach, so pretty

Wow, you really didn't think of that. It was actually a genius idea. It shocked you how outgoing and knowledgeable Rin was.

You got there first. The boys were a bit behind schedule. What was taking them so long, you wondered. The sun was going down quickly and every second counted. You started to get impatient when suddenly both of them appeared in a strikingly elegant equestrian outfit. It left you and Rin speechless. They looked like true professionals. Their stance and aura radiated 'badass' energy. It was intimidating, you and Rin both blushed while looking at each other. Your shock felt like choking on plain air. In that instant you knew you were both thinking the same thing. You couldn't look at them nor be near them without one another. Or else their overwhelming charms could end you.

But of course the guys knew that so they each took one girl's hand and dragged them to their horses. You'd be riding separately, in pairs. In this very moment you realized you'd be screwed. How were you going to survive this ride?

~