Thirty nine - Past revealed 2

Some passerby found you guys and immediately called 911. Your father has been looking everywhere for you and killing everyone in his path regardless of whether or not they were guilty. He was blinded by pure hatred and anger but also guilt.

He finally found you after one of his men told him you were admitted into a hospital down south. He made his way to you as quickly as he could. You weren't supposed to survive but the bullet missed vital parts of your brain. Doctors told your father your hippocampus was damaged. Unfortunately it was the part of the brain responsible for memory and recognition of past experience. This is probably why he believed you lost your memory and told everyone it's what happened.

The complete truth was you actually had developed a new personality. The trauma you just experienced was too extreme for you to handle. You concealed this old you inside and never let it out again. Until recently.

When you woke up you couldn't remember your past at all. Nothing. Not even your dad or your two best friends Johnny and Jaehyun. Your dad was absolutely devastated. The love of his life died and the only family he had left was you. But you didn't even know who he was. Your past memories were taken away by that alternative personality. He hugged you in your hospital bed but you were just confused.

dad: i was wrong to introduce you into this life. i'll make sure you never suffer again

He paid an expert to hypnotize you into believing your life was completely normal. The only life you remembered today. Everything would be buried in the past. He made sure everyone else believed you were dead. And you were uncle San's daughter. Only very few knew the truth. He would protect you now. Keep you away from the danger of gang violence. He told Johnny and Jaehyun they couldn't see you again because new memories without them were planted in your brain. You only remembered an innocent childhood. And believed your mom died from a car crash.

Your dad was never the same afterwards. He saw your mom in you. He felt endless guilt. He should've been there with you and this wouldn't have happened. He hated the fact that you lost your memory. It was the same as losing you and your mom both. To him, he was alone. You weren't the daughter he knew. He didn't know how to raise you again, or how to live like nothing happened. His pain was too great. You were just a reminder of what happened. But still, he'd protect what was left of you. You were only 10.

That was the life you forgot about but your other personality still knew.

[back to johnny and jaehyun]

jaehyun: does she know?

johnny: no. i lied to her. told her she hit her head on a playground and lost her memory. but it's only partially a lie since we all genuinely thought she lost her memory

jaehyun: wait. so she thinks she was playing on a playground and hit her head, and lost her memory that way? that's ridiculous, she would never

johnny: it's unlike old her. this new her bought it cause she would do something like that

jaehyun: and what about her mom

johnny: she thinks she died in a car accident. chief jongdo set all this up

jaehyun: wtf. don't you know how much it'll hurt her when she finds out the truth?

johnny: she can never find out. EVER. i mean it jaehyun. it'll destroy her beyond repair. why do you think she developed this new personality? why do you think we've been staying away from her all these years? why do you think chief jongdo worked so hard to give her fake memories?

jaehyun: chill. i won't tell, but someday she'll find out. and i can't imagine what she'll do next. just the thought of it scares me

johnny: no one can predict what she'll do. for now we have to make sure it never comes down to it

jaehyun: you're killing me john! aren't you curious about this other her? don't you want her back too?

johnny: there's days i do, there's days i don't

jaehyun: i can't stop thinking about it now. i just want her back and now that i know it's possible i just—

johnny: what are you— JAEHYUN NO YOU CAN'T!

Jaehyun stood up and started walking towards the door. He then stopped to say one last thing:
"I'm sorry John. i have to"

He left.

~