Ten - Touched

You thought Johnny would show up by now to take you home. You start to wonder what he's up to. Why was he taking so long?
So you decide to walk. There's a street restaurant not far maybe if you stayed over there it would be safer.

You walk very fast, scared of the outside world. Finally you make it inside. You find a table and sit down. You're blowing up johnny's phone but no reply. What's going on?

Server: anything to drink miss?
you: just a tea please

The restaurant is empty except for these two old guys. They seem around 30-40. Both drunk off their heads. Speaking very loud and laughing endlessly. Disgusting. Why would anyone do that to themselves you wondered.

You keep trying to reach Johnny but nothing. Frustrated, you leave the restaurant and decide to go look for him. Was he mad at me?

As you pay for your drink, the two drunkards stand up and leave. You get onto the street. It's now pitch dark. Where is Johnny?!

After walking around the streets for a bit you realize you're being silly. Why are you looking for him? You're better than that. Just take a taxi home and he'll probably be there too.

There are no taxis to be seen so you decide to call one yourself but as you hold up your phone up someone grabs your hand.

It was the two old guys you saw at the restaurant. Are they perverts?

man 1 in a drunk tone: hey nice little girl are you lost?
man 2 also drunk: wanna come home with us?
you in a menacing tone: let my hand go
man 1: oh come on we don't bite
you: i said let my hand go

you tried to get free but he was holding on pretty tightly. you start to scream.

man 2: hey don't scream we don't wanna scare you. we just wanna help

you didn't believe his words one bit. the man who had a grip on your hand was now pulling you closer to his face but you turned away avoiding him. his breath stank like beer.

You got very desperate, no one was going to come help you. This street is literally deserted. But then from afar you heard the sound of a motorcycle approaching.

It was Johnny.

You've never been so happy to see him. He was driving so fast then stopped abruptly in front of those guys. He took off his helmet, releasing his soft hair and revealing his serious face.

He walked towards you with a murderous look.

Johnny: I will only say this once, let her go.

man 1: who are you?

Johnny: I'm her boyfriend.

This was getting crazy. The word "boyfriend" resonated in your ears. It hit you like an arrow. You couldn't believe he said this.

man 2: and what you gonna do mister boyfriend? it's two against one

Johnny twisted the man's wrist slowly as he agonized in pain.
"I said I would only ask once."

you: Johnny it's okay. they didn't do anything. let him go, he learned his lesson.
you said pitying the man's screams.

He let the man go. They both ran away.

Johnny: I'm sorry.
you: it's fine. you're here now and nothing happened.
Johnny: no miss. it's not. it's unacceptable.
you: Johnny calm down, i said it's fine
Johnny: no! i never let my guard down. you're the first one i ever let it down for. and if something happened to you i—
you: what were you doing?

He handed you a stuffed animal and said
"Happy Birthday Y/n"

Ever since your dad got remarried to this witch of a step-mother he never celebrated your birthday with you again. So over time even you yourself forgot. It beyond touched you.

You started to ugly cry while accepting this precious gift then walked towards him as he hugged you. You were crying on his chest.

So much sadness had built up. All those years your dad neglected you, all those years you spent your birthday in your room alone crying, only uncle San was here for you. Until one day you decided to be strong and to no longer cry. The thought of your birthday hurt so much you eventually promised yourself never to mention it again.

You had no idea how Johnny found out it was your birthday. But it touched you so deeply you couldn't stop crying. He not only went out of his way to get you a gift, he also was the first one in nearly half a decade to wish you a happy birthday.

Johnny truly was a special person.

~