Getting through it. (barely)

Nate's POV

after our little dancing session, i picked up Y/N and carried her back to the bed...her face was pale and she looked so tired...."nathan?" i heard her voice barely whisper. i looked down at her. "yes?" i said...she looked at me and i saw fear in her eyes..." i dont want to die" she whispered..looking away from me and out the window at the clear blue skies. i felt everything inside me shatter to pieces. she looked so broken and fragile...all i wanted was to take her pain away. i sighed. "so beautiful" she said..reaching out and touching the glass..she looked distant. "Y/N?" i said trying to keep the fear out of my voice. she turned and looked at me slightly. "nathan?" she repeated bak to me. i reached out and grabbed her hand holding on to it for dear life. "promise me somthing" "sure anything" she said...."promise...promise...you wont forget me?" i said...i instantly regretted it it sounded stupid coming out of my mouth..i mean she was dying...and i was acting like a jerk. she smiled..and placed her hand on my cheek. "i would never forget you ever..your the best thing thats ever happened to me" my frustration got the best of me.."then why are you leaving me!!" i said in anguish. she frowned. "its not my choice Nathan it i had it my way id stay with you forever" i ran a hand through my hair..."i know i know im sorry..i just-" she placed a hand on my lips "shhhhhhhh," she said, "just hold me for a lil bit please?" i did what she was told...and thought of how much i was gonna miss her....so so much.....