Love you momma.

"and how are we doing today?" your mom asked sitting down beside you, giving a hesitant smile. "great, i feel better than i did yesterday" you said smiling despite the fact that you actually felt worse. "thats good right? maybe just maybe your getting better-" you cut her off there. "no mom its not going to get better" you said a little harsher than you intended. your mom stared at you her eyes brimming with tears. "Sweetheart-" you shook your head. "mom dont make this harder than it has to please?" she just stared back  at you in disbelief. "oh honey how can you be so calm? how?" she said desperately. you struggled for words, trying to find a way to explain to your mother how you have already accepted your fate. "just accept it" you stared back at her as a tear streamed down her face. "no, no i cant i-" she inhaled deeply and held back a sob. "my baby girls gonna die" you leaned forward and pulled her into your arms cradling her like a child. "my baby, my baby" she cried. you smoothed down her hair shushing her. after a minute she pulled back and caressed your face with her hands. "i love you Y/N" you smiled even though you felt like crying.

"i love you too momma"