She already gone.

**2 weeks have past**

*Nates POV*

Y/N's been getting worse and worse by the day. half of the time she cant even remember where she is. it broke my heart watching her reduce to this. i loved her with all my heart and here she was dying in my arms. the doctors told me that the cancer was spreading and they suspect a tumor in her brain. they've been giving treatment but it doesnt seem to be letting up. i felt my eyes tear up. Y/N was napping right now i held her hand watching her. she was paler than a ghost, so skinny you could see her bones, and most of her hair had fallen out. she wore one of my beanies most of the time and my hoodie. i felt so broken so jaded that i had lost the will to live. but i had made a promise that i would go on for Y/N's sake i would live enough for the both of us. her mother is a mess crying and screaming most of the time she seemed to be losing her mind but i understood the pain she was feeling. her daughter was dying. the love of my life was dying. we were both losing someone we cared about. Y/N stirred, she opened her eyes and stared at me. the one thing that didnt fade was the clearness of her eyes. she smiled weakly. i took a deep breath fearing the worse. would she remember me today? 

"Nate?" she said in a whisper-like voice. i sighed in relief. "yea Y/N?" she gripped her hand as tightly as she could. "i love you" i smiled trying to stay strong. "i love you too" she winced and frowned. "i-i have something to tell you.." she looked at me her eyes shining with tears. i scooted closer and brushed my hand softly along her cheek. "what is it?" i felt the fear coursing through me. What was she going to say? 

she took a deep breath.

"Nate i love you with all my heart ive loved you for years and when i met you and you said you loved me back it was the best thing that had ever happened to me, your so beautiful, and smart, kind, and caring and i-i just hate to leave you," she hiccuped holding back a sob. "im sorry i didnt tell you earlier i guess i just wanted to pretend i was normal for just a little while, i know im going to die ive known it for a long time its just whats meant to be but i dont want you to stop living ok? go on live your life and just know ill ALWAYS be with you now and forever in here" she pressed her hand against my chest right on my heart. she felt so cold. "do you promise?" 

"i promise" 

she sighed in relief and leaned back against the pillow closing her eyes. but  i couldnt shake the feeling that she was already dead.