Best Friends Forever.

"Mikki and Erica's here" you looked up to see Nathan standing in the doorway smiling gently. you took a shaky breath and nodded.  his smile faltered when he saw a tear trail down your cheek. he walked over and took you in his arms. "hey, hey, hey its all right" he whispered gently rocking you back and forth. you clung to him and buried your face in his chest, sobs wracking your body. "i dont know if i can face them nate" you cried. he pulled away, placing a finger under your chin, lifting your head up to face his. "you can do this, i know you can"- "but what if i cant?" you asked staring into his beautiful blue eyes. "your strong Y/N and i know you dont see it but believe me, you are" 

at his words, you smiled. "i love you Nate" "i love you too Y/N" he replied kissing your forehead. you sighed wiping away the tears.  nate headed towards the door, he grabbed the doorknob and turned back to face you. you smiled and nodded. "im ready"

*couple min later*

there was a knock on the door, you tensed clearing your throat. "come in" after a moment the door finally peered open and erica stuck her head in. her eyes scanned the room and finally rested on you. she sucked in a breath and her eyes welled up with tears. "Y/N?" her voice broke. you let out a shaky breath. "hey erica" "Y/N!!" she yelled running over and throwing her arms around you. you winced and she lessened her hold. "oh sorry its just- god ive missed you so, so much" she sobbed. you hugged her back. "i missed you too" you peered over her shoulder to see Mikki standing in the door way with a smile on her face. you started to tear up again. keeping one hand wrapped around Erica you reached out to Mikki with the other. "hey" she chocked back a sob. she walked over to you, gently hugging you. you closed your eyes and sighed. after a minute they pulled back and sat on each side of the bed. "how have you been Y/N?" mikki asked. i shook my head. "no, no, i dont wanna talk about me, how have you guys been?" you countered. they didnt argue with you. "well, since you asked um-" Erica smiled and looked over at Mikki. Mikki smiled back adoringly, reaching over and lacing her fingers with ericas. "your" she paused, "admission into the hospital made me realize that life's too short, and so i went over to erica's house and confessed my feelings, we talked about it and it turns out she feels the same" 

your heart swelled with happiness. "you guys, im so happy for you" Erica smiled, Mikki blushed.

after a moment, Erica spoke. 

"you know Y/N we didnt forget about you, we tried hundreds of times to get in to see you but.." she trailed off. "its okay i understand you got lives to live, you shouldnt stop living yours because mines ending" they both stared at you eyes wide. "guys, you know as well as i do, im gonna die, and not talking about it isnt gonna change anything" you didnt want to hurt them but you didnt want to give false hope either.

they both reached out and grabbed each hand. "no matter what happens Y/N your our best friend" Mikki said a tears streaming down her face. Erica nodded. 

"yea were best friends for life no matter what"