Crossing Paths

SANTANA  P O V

I could hear a car screeching around the corner, so I dived into the hedge and hid. My heart is pounding my breathing is heavy I feel like if I breathe any heavier, I'll pass out. I peeped out from the hedge to see if the car had gone, and I exhaled loudly with relief.

I step back out onto the road, and a car swerved to miss me I took off running. I just wanted to get as far away as possible.

I made it to the city I haven't got a clue what I am doing or where I am going to go. I lean against the wall and look at my dirty hands and the marks around my wrists. It was a reminder of what my life had become from a guy I thought I could trust but he tied me up like a dog and treated me like his slave.

I am still fearful that he will find me. I hear someone shout, and I turn to run, not realising that someone was stood there. I fell flat on the floor. I had run into a solid-built man who is tall and well dressed.

"S—sorry." I start to crawl backwards away from this guy, who doesn't look to impressed.

I was still on the floor trying to crawl away, and then my heart sank.

"Santana. Get up and get in the fucking car." It was him, my abuser, Chaz. I was crying.

"Chaz please. I don't want to be locked up. You promised me." I was sobbing he walked closer to me grabbed my wrist.

"I have a good mind to sell you on you fucking whore." He spits with anger.

I try and wiggle out of his grip he drags me I bite his hand, and he gave me a back hander across the face. I fall back to the floor; he went to hit me again; and the guy that I ran into grabbed his hand.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" Chaz was enraged. I took off.

I just want to hide. My face felt sore from where Chaz hit me. It was getting dark, and I hid down an alleyway behind a hotel. I found a place to sit up against the wall behind a lot of boxes. I was too scared to close my eyes.

I was quietly humming to myself. I wrapped my arms tightly around my legs and curled into a ball.

***

I was woken by someone throwing a rubbish bag in the wheelie bin. It shit me up. It was morning. I looked around and stood. I didn't know what way to go. I took a deep breath and started to walk back to the street where there would be people around.

I was walking slow like I was dragging myself. I hadn't eaten in days he would only let me eat if he felt like it. I was walking past the underground carpark to the hotel, and I was oblivious to the car coming at me. I turned when the horn sounded and fell to the floor.

***

HUNTER  P O V

I was sitting in my office in my penthouse when Damon walks through the front door, shouting.

"Hunter. This girl just fainted; my fucking heart went in my throat because I thought I had knocked her over."

I walked out from the office and saw Damon carrying a petite young girl with straggly knotted black hair.

"Do you never watch what you are fucking doing? Why bring her here?" I was not amused.

"If I had phoned for an ambulance, they would ask questions, and it looks like she's been beaten up." He was snarky with me.

"Put her in one of the spare rooms and call my doctor to come and check her over." I walked closer to him looked at the girl.