Chances

S A N T A N A       P O V

I woke early feeling sick and vomited in the toilet... I brushed my teeth and went to the kitchen to make breakfast... I was thinking about Hunter and what he would say... But the truth is I don't know what he would say... I know we have been going steady for a few months and that we love each other but we never spoke about any future together or children...

I was lost in my thoughts and didn't hear the girls enter the kitchen...

"Santana". Lana says... I turn and look at both of them...

"Let me do that and you sit". Bethany says... I did what she said and sit with Lana...

"Thank you Bethany". I say and smile... She looks over her shoulder and smiles back...

"Santana what is going on? I mean I have read about Hunter and Damon in the papers". Lana asks...

"Hunter is protecting me from my father that I have never met... He's betrothed me to Santino the mob boss"... I say and look at my hands...

"The fucking mafia?". Lana shouts... Bethany laughs at the way Lana shouted...

"Yes... My father is part of them, and he's promised me to this thug". I was not sure why a father would do such a thing to their daughter, but my father was not just any father no he was part of the mob... That is what Hunter had told me...

"Santana... What are you going to say to Hunter about the baby?". Bethany asks me... I look at my hands...

"I don't know... I will wait a few days then tell him and I hope he will be happy". I just wanted the fear of dread to go away... Deep down I know Hunter would be so happy, but I don't know him that well... So, I can't be the judge of what he feels...

We sit and have breakfast then we hear the door... I grab the kitchen carving knife... Lana picks up the meat cleaver and Bethany picks up a cast iron frying pan... We looked at each other and stood behind the island waiting for whoever it was to walk into the kitchen... We were cornered and nowhere to run too... 

We could hear footsteps walking along the wooden floor towards the kitchen...

"Santana". Hunter calls out... We feel relieved and laugh... Hunter, Damon and Lance walk into the kitchen and stop dead and look at us... The shocked expressions on their faces was a picture that will last in my memory for a while...

"You can put the knife down". Hunter says to me... I look at the knife and place it on the counter... Hunter walks towards me and cuddles me so tight... He starts to kiss me and kissing all over my face...

"I love you". He says and hugs me tight again...

"I love you too"... I say... Lance was hugging Bethany and Damon had Lana in his arms...

"Your father will carry on looking for you". Hunter says and sits at the island...

"I don't even know him". I say and rest my head on his chest... Bethany makes them coffee...

Damon and Lana have gone into the other room to talk.... Bethany pats me on the shoulder and sits with Lance...

"I need you to be safe at all times". Hunter was now scaring me... I had to think about the baby I was carrying too... I wanted to tell Hunter, but I wanted to be sure... I need to see my doctor and be one-hundred percent sure before I told Hunter...

************************************************

H U N T E R       P O V