Wedding Invite

HUNTER P O V

Santana's been here for three days, and she most certainly knows her way around the kitchen. Her skill in cooking was making my mouth water.

I wanted Santana to get some new clothes, but she would not accept our help, so I got Nora to get a couple of t-shirts and a couple pairs of jeans, so she had clothes to work in. She is quiet and sometimes shy. Damon and I have also noticed that if we raise our hands for any reason, she flinches and backs away from us.

I had to offer her a job. I couldn't let her go back out on the streets, and knowing she's eighteen is more of a shocker. I'm only glad I took care of her abuser; he took her and locked her away just after she turned fifteen. It made my blood boil when she was telling us what he did to her.

I have noticed how beautiful she is. She is young and has already gone through so much. Santana likes to make sure that everything is perfect. Nora liked the help and asked if she could get some time off. I asked Nora to wait just a week, and she could take as much time as she wanted.

I am sitting in the lounge, reading over some paperwork. It was dinnertime, and Santana was cooking tonight. Nora and Santana came to an arrangement to take turns. Damon walks in from the office.

"Hunter, I went through the mail, and you have an invitation to your brother's wedding." Damon sits down in the leather chair.

"He's getting married again?" I look over to him with a surprised look on my face.

"Yep, for the fourth time. This time it's in a lavish hotel." He informs me.

"Why does he do it? He will only end up leaving her in two months." I say, and we laugh.

"Hunter, that is why you have the brains, and your brother is always thinking with his cock." Damon laughs. It did make me laugh.

Damon was right. My brother Lance is always thinking with his cock. He's older than me by four years; he's a shrewd businessman; he takes care of the exports and shipping and deals with the underground business. I, on the other hand, take care of the legitimate side of the business. Hotels, office buildings, and cruise ships.

I have helped my brother a few times, and that's why I have a reputation. I don't take any bullshit or excuses. My brother is a little more laid back, but he does have a mean side to him.

"Dinner is ready," Santana says in her soft voice.

"I am famished." Damon says and walks towards the dining room.

I stood and followed him.

Santana was washing the dishes. She keeps to herself and stays in her room.

"Wow. Dinner smells nice." I could smell the beef. I was sitting at the table with Damon, and he was passing me roast potatoes, sliced beef, carrots, peas, cabbage, and broccoli. It smelled good.

"Did you want gravy?" he asks.

"Yes," I say, taking the gravy from him.

Dinner tasted amazing, and my mouth was just watering from looking at all the food. Nora knows how to cook, but Santana takes pride in what she's doing.

"Hunter, you need to take a date with you." Damon says as he fills his mouth full of food.

"I know. I need to find someone who isn't going to show me up and flirt with my brother. I mean, look what happened at his second wedding." I say and place the fork full of food in my mouth.

"I did warn you about her. It wasn't your fault that your brother screwed her on his wedding day." Damon was waving his fork at me.

"I know you warned me. I thought she was having a laugh with him until I caught him with her, and he laughed. Mind you, I laughed too." I carry on eating.