Chapter 8

"You almost kissed her Gabriel, you were this close to kissing her, what is happening to you?" thought Gabriel lying in his own bed.

The blank space next to him made him think of Nathalie. He pictured her lying there, breathing softly, whispering his name on her sleep. He remembered the night at the hotel, he woke up at the sound of her voice. He opened his eyes and heard it again.

-Gabe... Gabriel - muttered Nathalie.

-Yes? - he asked.

Silence, only her soft breathing.

-Gabriel - she repeated.

Gabriel realized she was fully asleep. His heart was so touched by that slow whisper. He could stay like this forever, listening to his own name come out of those rosy and perfect lips. He knew she was dreaming about him, or at least he was on her mind.

Gabriel opened his eyes as he came out of his flashback. But what was this? What was this feeling?

-Master? - a little voice said.

-Yes, Nooroo?

-I can feel you are troubled, Sir - answered the little Kwami.

-No... I just... I think I am losing my mind.

-For Nathalie? Yes, you are, Master.

-What? NO! - answered Gabriel. -I love Emilie.

-And you love Nathalie, it's okay to love two people you know... especially since Emilie...

-Don't you dare to say it.

-All I am saying, Master, is why don't you let your feelings lead the way? Isn't that what Hawkmoth and Mayura do at the end of the day?

-Nooroo?

-Yes, Master?

-Shut the hell up.

-Yes, Master.

As Nathalie lied in bed, she hid her face in the pillow.

"Did I just teased Gabriel Agreste? Did I just say all those words? Did I call out his name? Oh my God, this is so embarrassing."

-How am I going to look him in the eye again? - asked Nathalie out loud.

-Well, I think it was SOOOOO ROMANTIIIIIIC - answered a little voice.

-Oh, Duusu... - Nathalie lamented.

-Miss Nathalie listen to me ... - started the Kwami. - What do you feel?

-You already know - she answered with her face still buried in the pillow.

-Okay, now what do you feel he feels?

Nathalie looked up at the kwami.

-I don't think...

-I didn't ask for your thoughts Miss Nathalie, answer the question with your feelings.

Nathalie sat on bed thinking.

-Well, I feel his affection. I feel his interest... - Nathalie closed her eyes. - I can feel him... shiver. - She opened her eyes in surprise staring at Duusu -But how?

-He's not the only empathic around - sang Duusu.

-Okay, so you are telling me I can sense his feelings?

-Technically, yes, but you don't have the training.

Nathalie felt excited all of a sudden.