Chapter 20

Adrien was quietly sitting on the sofa staring at the two adults in front of him. 

-Adrien? - asked Gabriel -Say something. 

But the fact is he couldn't, he wasn't upset about his father dating his assistant, in fact, he was thrilled, but he didn't know how to express it. 

-Maybe you just need some time to process this. Maybe it's better if I leave - said Nathalie standing up. 

-No! - said Adrien, at last. -No, stay. It's just I am... I am so happy. 

Both adults exchanged confused looks. 

-We are finally becoming a family again, and we can go out on picnics and travel to the beach... and... - his eyes were filling with tears - I can finally call someone mom, again. 

-Oh, Adrien - Nathalie threw her arms around him - you know you don't have to. 

-My mom will always be my mom, but you... you are my new mother. In fact, you have been for a very long time now. I am so happy that my father finally decided to move on, and with who better than you, that has always looked after us and that loves us. 

-With all of my heart, my dear boy.

-Can we have dinner together today? - asked Adrien letting go of Nathalie's arms. 

-Of course - answered Gabriel. 

-I need to go do homework guys - said Adrien starting to walk away. - I love you.

-And we love you too, Adrien - said Nathalie. 

Adrien smiled and left the living room. 

Nathalie let out a sigh and sat on the sofa. 

-That went well - she said. 

-More than well, I'd say - answered Gabriel sitting next to her, pulling Nathalie into his arms and dedicating his lips to savor her neck. 

She closed her eyes enjoying his lips and his hands on her body, but suddenly realized where they were.

-Really, Mr. Agreste, you planning on making love to your assistant in the living room? What about Adrien? - she asked. 

-You are right Miss Sancoeur, how inappropriate of us - he answered carrying her in his arms to his bedroom, making her laugh. 

In fact, Adrien wouldn't have ever known, for the moment he reached his room he transformed and jumped out of the window. He'd agreed to meet Ladybug 5:00 p.m. in their usual spot: Eiffel tower. 

-Good evening, kitty. 

-Good evening, my love. 

Ladybug rolled her eyes. 

-You'll never change. 

Chat Noir laughed. But Ladybug's face was completely unexpressive. 

-Listen, Chat. I spoke to Master Fu. 

Chat silenced immediately. 

-And what did he say?

-He said it was just a matter of time before one of us revealed our identities, that we were meant to do so. 

-That is a good thing right?

-Yes and no. Yes for none of us will have to give up on our miraculous, and no for you can't reveal your identity to me yet. 

-Why? It is my choice...

-The butterfly miraculous - she interrupted - we must find it, and until we do we're not safe.

-I see - said Chat Noir staring into the city - But... where is it?

-I have no idea - said Ladybug sitting on the edge of the tower, staring at the city just like Chat.