Chapter 13

Ladybug had already destroyed Hawkmoth's akuma. But that was exactly what both villains were looking for, Mayura's sentimonster was now growing stronger. 

Ladybug was already too weak; it was just a matter of minutes before they finally achieved their goal. Without her, the cat would be an easy task. Yet, she was nowhere to be seen.

Mayura was leaning over the edge of the building, expectant, her left hand clenched around her closed fan. And then, suddenly, she saw an orange and green flashes jumping over her. Ladybug had gone to look for some friends. This was going to take longer, but it was foreseen.

She jumped to the building across the street when suddenly she was knocked down.

-Going somewhere? - asked Rena Rouge, with her foot stomped against her chest.

In a split of a second, Mayura had jumped over Rena Rouge, throwing her into a wall, completely destroying it. 

The enormous creature got stronger and stronger, ripping everything in its path. Nathalie was imprinting it all of her energy.

In the other side, Hawkmoth was about to overthrow Chat Noir, when a magical greenish shield appeared to protect him.

-Need a hand, bro?

-More than welcome, my friend – laughed the black cat.

-Hey, look... It seems like your girlfriend is in a bit of a hurry- teased Chat Noir, as Mayura ran dodging one of Rena Rouge's kicks.

Hawkmoth growled, with his cane, he hardly hit Carapace on his right leg.

He wasn't going to let anyone, absolutely anyone, lay a hand on HIS Mayura.

While using his shield as a catapult, he jumped and kicked Chat Noir on the right side of his ribs, causing the kid to fall off the building. He lost consciousness causing him to fall freely into the ground. 

Ladybug caught him with her yo-yo before he hit the pavement.

-Kitty? Are you okay? Wake up please! – cried Ladybug. -You will pay for this Hawkmoth! – she yelled, lying Chat on the floor, and jumping back to the roof.

Mayura quickly approached the unconscious boy. But just before she could finish taking off the ring from his finger, she felt a pain in her back, that made her yell. Rena Rouge was back. They fought for some minutes when Chat Noir finally woke up.

-Are you okay, Chat? – yelled Rena Rouge at her friend.

-Yeah... UFFF... that was a great kick – he said standing up. -Let's end her.

-NO! - yelled Rena Rouge – Go help Ladybug and Carapace, Hawkmoth is stronger – she said dodging another strike from Mayura. – I got this.

Chat jumped into the roof again. Nino was on the floor, he had detransformed. Hawkmoth had used that moment of weakness to strike him a good punch.

-No! – yelled Chat -My lady, I will take him somewhere safe, cover me.

-Mhm-hmm – nodded Ladybug striking her yo-yo again against Hawkmoth, he parried it with his cane. Throwing the superheroine against the next building's chimney. 

Mayura jumped by his side.

-They are both really tired, Hawkmoth, it's just a matter of time... Ugh...

-Mayura... Nat... are you okay? – Hawkmoth caught her in his arms as she vanished. 

She was suffering, that Sentimonster was sucking all of her already, and practically, inexistent strength.

-Nat... - he whispered.

-I am fine, we must keep going, we are so close – she jumped off his arms and into the building where Ladybug had landed. 

Chat Noir and Rena Rouge landed on the roof in front of Hawkmoth. 

-Are you getting tired, grandpa? - teased the black cat. 

-Why don't you come here and find it out?

-My pleasure. Join me, Rena? 

-More than ready, Chat Noir - smiled Rena. 

Both kids jumped over their enemy, yet he dodged them skillfully. 

-Where are you pretty bug? - asked Mayura walking towards the chimney where Ladybug had landed. -Are you going to go get any more friends?

-I am here, Mayura.

She turned around to look at Ladybug standing on top of a wall.

-Oh, great, you don't want any more friends getting hurt, do you?

-Why are you doing this? - asked Ladybug -Are you doing this for... him?- she said pointing at Hawkmoth. 

-My reasons are none of your business, come here and fight me - snapped Mayura.

-That's not how love works, you know?

Mayura growled and jumped over her. 

-You know nothing about love! - yelled Mayura, parrying Ladybug's yo-yo strike with her fan. 

Chat Noir hit the back of Hawkmoth's knee with his stick, knocking him down. He was able to disarm the villain from his cane and destroyed it with his Cataclysm. 

-NOOOO! - yelled Hawkmoth. 

-Oh, what's wrong? Can't walk without it, grandpa? - teased the black cat again. -Want to go help your girlfriend? RENA NOW!

Rena Rouge blew her flute, causing dozens of Ladybugs and Mayuras to fight all around him, in some illusions Mayura was getting hurt, in others it was Ladybug, in others Mayura fell from the building. 

Hawkmoth let out a silent scream, it took him a moment to look all around him. He was petrified trying to find his real Mayura, he felt his heart running in his chest, fear that any of these horrible sights could be real. 

It gave Chat Noir and Rena Rouge enough time to run after the sentimonster.