Chapter 19

See you at Eiffel Tower 9:00 p.m.

Love, Chat.

Marinette let out a deep sigh and slowly closed her eyes.

-Marinette?

-Hi, Tikki – she opened her eyes and grabbed the post-it stuck to the rail of her terrace.

-I don't know what to say.

-Me neither, Tikki – she said folding the post-it and breaking it into several pieces -I guess I'll just have to say goodbye to you. You know the rules, I can't... be Ladybug... anymore – tears started to run down her cheeks.

-But... this wasn't your fault.

-It was... I so naively trusted her.

-Marinette...

-NO! I won't give up on you, Tikki – Marinette took the kwami in her hands and pulled her to her chest – But Hawkmoth... he knows who I am...

-We'll find the way, you'll see – said the kwami clinging to her blouse.

-Plagg?

-Yes, kid? – said the kwami after inserting a huge piece of camembert on his mouth.

-What will happen to Ladybug now?

-You mean Marinette?

-Yes, Ladybug... Marinette.

It was very difficult for Adrien to accept the fact that both girls were the same. Just a few days ago he'd been on a roof watching his miraculous dream-girl turn into his everyday school friend, Marinette. He saw her on the floor bleeding, that girl, the girl he loved the most in the world. The one he'd spent entire nights crying over, the same girl that sat behind him in school and yawned all class coincidentally after every akuma night.

The moment he saw her like that, on the floor, so vulnerable, fooled; he'd lost it. He would have never, in a million years, had threatened a life, if it wasn't for his Lady.

He was currently sitting on his computer chair, spinning with his eyes closed. Trying to find the words he wanted to tell Lad...Marinette.

-That was really a something.

-What was? – said Adrien continuing with his spinning.

-What you did to Mayura.

-Can you please stop talking about it. I told you, I can't remember. I... I just... reacted.

-Sure thing.

Marinette climbed to her terrace at 8:50 p.m.

-Ready, Tikki?

-Are you?

-TIKKI, SPOTS ON!!!

Once as Ladybug, she yoyoed all the way to the Eiffel tower. She could see from afar that Chat Noir was already there.

-Goodnight, Chat Noir – she said staring into the floor, she didn't have the gut to look him in the eye.

-M'lady, you're here – he quickly approached her – How are you? Are you feeling better?

That same battle day he'd carried her unconscious to her room. He wiped the blood out of her face and took care of her.

-I am fine, Chat.