Chapter 11

-¡NATHALIE! - yelled Gabriel. 

Before Nathalie could even answer he was back in her boss's arms. Is not that it bothered her, it was just suppressive. 

-Stay with me - whispered Gabriel before Nathalie could say a word. 

Nathalie's eyes widened in surprise.

-What? 

-Stay with me, like that night at the hotel, just you and me. Screw the world - he smiled at her. 

-Sir? Are you feeling okay? - she asked putting a hand on his forehead. -You don't seem to have a fever?

-I am fine Nat. I just want to be with you... please, stay with me - Gabriel stared into Nathalie's eyes. 

"Need, despair, love" thought Nathalie getting a feel on Gabriel's feelings. "Wait, what.. love?"

-Sir... 

-Oh, screw the Sir thing - he interrupted her words. -Please- He caressed her cheek with his thumb. 

Nathalie could almost feel her heart escaping through the skin of her chest. How on earth could she say no to this beautiful man begging her?

-Okay, Gabriel. I will. 

Gabriel quickly pulled her inside and closed the door behind them. 

Once inside the room, he finally let go of her. 

-Are you still taking the right side? - he asked.

-I... I can take whatever side you want-. Nathalie was honestly feeling surprised, she was not fully understanding what was going on. Yet, she didn't feel uncomfortable. 

-You take right- said Gabriel sitting on the left side of bed and patting the right side for her to sit. And she did. 

A little timidly she sat on the right side of Gabriel's king-size bed and slowly slid herself inside of his sheets. 

Gabriel opened his arms, welcoming Nathalie. She immediately got inside them, cuddling. 

Once both comfortable they laid there in silence. 

-Sir... Gabriel? Can I ask you something? - she asked. 

-Of course, Nat. - he answered. 

-Why did you change the dress's color? - she asked, it was a question that circled her mind. 

-What is your favorite color?

-Purple.

-There is your answer. 

Nathalie sat halfway, relying on her elbow staring at her boss. 

-You changed the dress's color for me?

-Inspired by you, yes - confessed Gabriel. 

Nathalie was pale in surprise. 

Gabriel let out a sigh. 

-Ah, Nathalie, you have been on my mind since that night, you completely absorbed me. The only person I had in mind while designing that dress was you. So I made it for you, inspired by you. The satin and chiffon, inspired by the softness of your skin.  Based on your favorite color, designed to stand out your best attributes. 

Nathalie was speechless. She had died, and revived, and died again. Was this really happening?

-Is that why you made me put it on?

-Yes, and I was completely impressed when I saw you, you heard Adrien, you looked stunning. You don't need the dress to show it, though.

-Gabriel, how? Why? - started Nathalie. - Wait, but Emilie, she... -

-She is fine, she is gone, I will always love her. She will always be Adrien's mother. But you, you are my present, you are my future, my feelings for you are now clear as water.

Nathalie laid her head on the pillow again. Staring into Gabriel's grey-blue eyes. 

-Gabriel... I... 

-Yes?

-Are you sure of this?

-More than ever.