Chapter 18

-Nathalie!!! Wake up!!!

Nathalie sat at once, heavy breathing and sweating. She turned around to look at her boss, staring at her in anxiety. She immediately threw her arms around him and he pulled her close.

-What is it? You were calling me in your sleep again – he whispered softly.

She started crying, she couldn't control herself. She couldn't even speak, so Gabriel dedicated this moment to softly stroke her hair, he knew it was best if she just let it all out.

-I... I... had a nightmare – Nathalie sobbed after a while

-What nightmare?

Nathalie hid her face in his chest.

-Come on Nat you can tell me.

-There was a snowstorm, and we were in a hotel.

-That was not a dream.

-What? – she was seriously confused -No, I know. I woke up and I couldn't find you, so I ran through the halls, and it all seemed... abandoned. I was alone, snow and wind filled the corridors. And you... you were gone. I was alone, you'd left me.

Gabriel smiled and kissed her forehead.

-Well... – he pulled her back into the mattress making her head rest on his chest. -Do you remember that night?

-Every bit of it.

-Alright, I want you to remember the moment you woke up.

Nathalie did, she remembered opening her eyes and realizing she had Gabriel Agreste's arm on top of her, watching him sleep, how bad she wanted to kiss his lips; that thought made her smile. She raised her head to look at him.

-You were holding me.

-And what am I doing right now?

-Holding me.

He smiled at her and she did what she didn't dare to do that night, she kissed him. He immediately reciprocated the kiss.

-See? I am not going anywhere – he whispered parting a bit from her lips -Never.

Nathalie smiled and pulled him back to her lips.

-Nathalie?

-Yes, love? – she raised her eyes from her computer.

-I have been thinking... - he paused.

-Well that's a good thing, right?

-Haha, very funny – he rolled his eyes and smiled -No, seriously. I have been thinking maybe it's time to tell Adrien.

Nathalie was surprised by his sudden words.

-If you feel like it.

-I know he secretly wants us to...

-Ha... - laughed Nathalie – secretly?

-Well no, you are right, not so secretly – he laughed with her -And I... Well I... -Gabriel let out a heavy sigh - I need to let her rest.

Nathalie muted. Emilie. He was talking about Emilie. She felt a sudden ache in her chest. She stood up and walked all the way to him, taking his hands in hers.

-You know I support your every decision.

-I know and that's why I need your help. Besides... I think it's time I let them go back.

-Do you mean...?

-Yes.