Chapter 10

It was late when Nathalie left the studio. Gabriel walked to his room and lied on his bed biting a piece of the muffin, it was deliciously made out of dark chocolate, his favorite. Nathalie was by far the most amazing person in the whole universe. She would always spoil him. And he loved it.

-Master? - asked a little voice.

-Nooroo, it's so good to see you - smiled Gabriel - Do you want some? Nat made it, it's really good.

Nooroo took the little piece from Gabriel's fingers and bit it.

-Master, this is really amazing.

-I know right?

-Miss Nathalie is really amazing.

-Oh, Nooroo, she is - Gabriel let out a sigh and took a sip of coffee.

-Master, can I ask you something? -asked the little kwami a little embarrassed. This was the first time Gabriel was actually being... nice.

-Of course.

-Well, it's been weeks since you don't... well... akumatize anyone. So I was wondering, have you finally given up ok bringing back Mrs. Emilie?

Gabriel felt a sudden pain across his heart.

-I am not saying you should or you shouldn't, Master. All I want you to do is set up your feelings - continued the little kwami.

As much as Gabriel wanted to deny it, Nooroo was right, he did need to set his feelings in order. He let out a deep sigh and closed his eyes.

-I love Emilie so much, she means the world to me. Her voice, her laughter, her smile, are things I long for. Yet, Nathalie, lying in my arms, laughing at my silly stories, baking muffins for me, her beautiful blue eyes. I...

Gabriel's voice suddenly broke. He felt tears coming down his cheeks.

-I... I don... I could never replace Emilie.

-And you are not, Master. You lost Emilie, that's a closed chapter. Nathalie is a brand new one. She's not taking anyone's place. Mrs. Emilie will always have a special place in your heart, but so does Miss Nathalie. There is nothing wrong in opening your heart to her. She, that loves you so much.

Gabriel's eyes suddenly opened.

-She... what?

-Oh, Master, her feelings for you are no secret.

-I... well... I mean... love?

Nooroo just stared at him.

-Do I love her, Nooroo?

I don't know, Master. You tell me.

Gabriel was suddenly hit by it, he loved her, he loved this selfless woman, he loved every piece of her, he loved her eyes, her voice, her hair, the way she sleep-talked. He loved this woman so much. She was never going to take Emilie's place, and that was fine. She was Nathalie, his Nat. The one that loved purple and wanted to be a combat pilot. And he needed her... he needed her, right now.

In the other side of the corridor, Nathalie had wakened up to a sudden rush of emotions on her chest. But it wasn't hers, it must have been...

She got out of bed and ran to Gabriel's door.

Before she could even knock the door opened.