13 Year Old Janae

"Mama do you really have to keep leaving? I mean can you do like a live meeting or something?" Janae asked her mom.

"Baby I have to. Why is it every time I leave you get all hostile and shaky?"

Demar walked in before she had a chance to answer.

"Hey baby what y'all talking about?"

He leaned down and kissed her and walked to Janae and gave her a look that could kill and kissed her forehead.

"How my two ladies doing?"

"Mama can I be excused. I don't feel well."

"What's wrong baby you sick? Do you need to go to the emergency room?" Janet asked.

"Nah Mama. I just need to go lay down."

"Ok go ahead. I'll come see you before I leave out."

Janet hugged her and kissed her cheek. She waited until she got back upstairs and looked at Demar.

"What's wrong baby? Why you looking like that?"

"Something is off." Janet said trying to figure out the change.

"What you mean by that? With what?" Knowing exactly what she meant.

"With Janae. I don't know what it is but she has been acting weird for years but it's getting worse as she get older. I've asked her what is wrong and she want tell me. All she ever say is it's nothing. Do you know something I don't?"

Demar looked at her and smiled.

"Baby she's a teenager. That's what they do. She is the only child and she is spoiled. It could be a numerous of things. I'll talk to her and see if I can get it out of her." Demar said.

"Ok. And let me know. I don't like this. I'm gonna head up and say my goodbyes and I'll be back down."

They kissed and she went upstairs to say goodbye to her daughter. She got to her door and knocked on it.

"Who is it?" She yelled from the other side of the door.

"It's your mom." Janet said.

"Come in Mama." She said softly.

Janet walked in and closed the door. She sat next to her daughter and looked at her.

"Put your phone down for a second. I need to talk to you."

Janae puts the phone down and crossed her arms as she looked at her mom.

"Yes ma'am."

"What is really going on with you huh? Every time I leave you get like this. Is something going on I should know about? Is someone hurting you? Talk to me." Janet said.

"Mama I'm fine."

"No you are not. I know it's something going on. And I want to know right now." Janet said as her voice rose a little higher.