What Now

Rick and Stacey was helping Janae pack up her things to move to Miami with Trey when he got a devastating call.

"Hello." Rick said.

"Hey man. This is Bill."

"Hey Bill. How are you? You got something for me?"

"That's what I'm calling about."

"What's up?" Rick asked.

He clears his throat and begin to talk.

"Rick things are not looking good here. Janet went to the authorities and told them everything. She even told them about the identity change and where she is. Name, number, and all."

"What the fuck? Are you shitting me here?" Rick said raising his voice.

"No man. I wish I was. This puts a major twist to this case. And if you are not careful you will get tied in this too. And that can be prison time for you and Stacey for covering this up." Bill explained.

Rick sat down on the sofa and covered his face with his hand.

"Is there anything else we need to know?" Rick asked.

"No. That's all I got for now. But I will tell you this. They are headed that way. So if I was you I will disappear."

"Thanks Bill."

"No problem." Bill said hanging up the phone.

Rick hung the phone up and walked back to the others. His face must have told everything cause everyone stopped in their tracks and looked at him.

"Daddy are you ok? Who was that on the phone?" Stacey asked.

"Baby girl that was Bill."

"Oh great. He got us some good news right?"

"Actually baby no. It's the total opposite." Rick said sadly.

"What? What do you mean?" Stacy asked.

"I think we all should sit down for this." Rick said as he pointed to the chairs.

Janae has a look on her face now. She knows when Rick tells them to sit it's something heavy.

"Just lay it on me Daddy Rick." Janae said.

He took a deep breath and begin to talk to them.

"Janae baby it's Janet."

"What about her?" Janae said confused.

"She went to the police on you. She told them everything. She showed them proof and all. She even told them about where you are now, address and number and the name that you are going under." Rick said.

"What the hell? Why would she do that knowing what he did to me?" Janae yelled.

"Baby I don't know. But we got to move fast now. If we are caught helping you escape we can go to prison too." Rick said grabbing her hand.