Covering My Tracks

"So what am I suppose to do about this? It's been 7 years. Why they won't just leave that alone?" Janae asked Rick.

"Baby girl if I knew the answer to that I would tell you. All I can say is now you got to cover your tracks."

"And what exactly am I doing to cover them?" I thought I did that years ago." Janae said with a attitude.

"I hired you a lawyer. I let him know all the details from when all of this started. And he's willing to come down and meet with you." Rick explained.

"Sissy we are doing all we can to keep you from this. But this new detective is very detailed and he is determined to find you." Stacey said.

"Were you guys careful when you came here?"

"Yes. We were extra careful. We didn't leave any trace back to you. We didn't drive our car here and we went other avenues to get here so we wasn't followed." Rick said.

"Damn. I can't never live my life. See that's why I didn't tell Trey anything last night."

"Wait? Trey? Who is that?"

"That's a friend I just met. Well actually he's my boss son. He's taking a liking to me. And he wanted me to open up to him and let him help me with my hurt. But I couldn't tell him."

"And why not? You are a young lady Janae. Live your life. I know it's hard for what Demar did to you. But at some point you have to let go. And letting go with Trey M
may not be such a bad idea." He said rubbing his chin.

"Oh boy. He got that look in his eyes. What is it daddy?" Stacey said.

"Trey may be our answer." Rick said.

"And how is that?" Janae asked.

"Simple. If you get involved with him and y'all kick it off and get married he can help you not have to testify in court. I feel you need to tell him." Rick said.

"I don't know about that Daddy Rick. What if he turns on me?"

"How well do you know this Trey guy?"

"We getting to know each other. I know his father very well. But this is the catch. They don't know me by Janae."

"What do they know you as?" Stacey asked looking at her.

"Kyra Nova." She said.

"You did a name change when you moved here?"

"Yes I did. I changed my identity so they couldn't find me. And now I'm glad I did." Janae said.

"That is a good thing. At least that will buy us some time to try to get the lawyer to you and get this investigation under way." Rick said.

"So you want me to get in with Trey and tell him my darkest secrets?" Janae asked Rick.

"Yes I do. If you need me and Stacey to stay another day to be a support we will do that for you. I'm not ready to go back home anyway. Are you Stacey?"

"Nah daddy. I can stand a mini vacation."

"Ok. Well I told him once I was done he can come back. He actually left right before you guys got here."