Chapter 8 COWBOY UP

Tae turned out to be a good rider. They trotted along the wooded trails and raced across the open pastures. McKenna lived for speed and she wasn't going easy on Tae. And he was determined to keep up.The two slowed to a walk as they approached a large pond.

McKenna dismounted and told Tae to do the same. "We'll leave our boots here, so they won't get wet."
Tae looked confused.

"Yes, we're riding through the pond. No, the alligator's never bitten anybody. And yes, it's the best part of the trail ride."

"A..Alligator?! Like crocodile?!" Tae stammered.

"He's little. No more than 4 feet long. "
McKenna had her boots off, and was getting back in the saddle. They circled around the pond to enter from the other side.

"Ready, cowboy?" McKenna grinned.

The horses raced in together, splashing crescents of water as they went. McKenna waited until the horses were belly-deep to point and shout, "Gator!!"

Taehyung yanked on the reins. Obeying, his horse came to a dead stop but Tae kept going, right over the horse's head. McKenna bailed off into the pond with Tae. His eyes were huge as he scanned the water for the toothy beast.

McKenna splashed him in the face, laughing. "Suuucckkeeeerrr!!" she sang out. "JK! No alligator!"

"You are dead!!" Tae shouted as he moved towards her, picked her up and tossed her. She splashed down and went under. And came up laughing. And swinging.

They wrestled a bit till the laughter died down and they slowly made their way to shore. They crawled up the bank and flopped down, catching their breath.

McKenna said, "Hey, take your T-shirt off and wring it out. It will dry pretty quick. "

"What?! No!"

"Why not?" McKenna lifted her shirt up and off, revealing a navy and orange sports bra.

Tae turned around, so he couldn't see her. "You are a girl!"

McKenna huffed. "So? I mean, logically, in less than an hour we will be at the pool in swimsuits that cover up less than what we've got on now. And ...and you're a guy! It's not like you've got anything to cover up. "

Taehyung scrunched his face, hesitating.

McKenna waggled her eyebrows. "Do you have like... extra nipples or something?"

"What?! Nooo," Tae pouted.  He took a deep breath and peeled off his wet t shirt and hung it on a branch near McKenna's.

She was an idiot, period. An arrogant, impulsive idiot! Taehyung minus his shirt was not  "no big deal." The football players at school pranced around after practice without shirts, but she never before felt this knot in her stomach.

Taehyung was beautiful. Broad shoulders. Defined muscles but not hulking. She wanted to touch him. She wanted to start at his belly button and lick all the way up his golden chest. Her little virgin ass was in BIG trouble.

They sat down side by side and lay back, spending a few minutes pointing out silly cloud shapes. McKenna saw an elephant. Taehyung pinched his arm, showing her his "elephant" with tiny moles for eyes.

The grass began itching their backs so they sat up. There were little bits of grass all over them. McKenna was twisting to scratch it, but couldn't reach it.

Taehyung moved behind her and stretched out his long legs on either side of hers. He began to patiently pick off the bits of grass. He was alternately wiping his fingers on his pants, then on her pants, oblivious that the touch of his fingers on her thigh was sending sparks of heat that made McKenna's stomach feel weird.