I'll party if I want to

Snowflakes as large as Galleons floated down to join millions of them already piled up on the ground. The world was white as it should be and it would continue to be as long as Jack had a say about it. Elsa scolded him for bringing too much snow but he didn't care. He was in the mood for it and so it would go on. He had nothing better to do anyway.

In the early morning, the common room was his. He leaned against the windowsill of the only window in there. He'd much rather sit on it but it was slanted so every time he tried, he just slid down.

Winter Solstice arrived which meant several awesome things. Classes were over, the majority of the students were going home - Jack hoped Potter was among them - and it meant empty hallways available for fun.

He ran to the entrance courtyard, waved to everyone who was leaving and then ran to the balustrade to watch the carriages make their way to the station. The train puffed away and left him grinning. He raced to the castle and itched for some fun.

He found Elsa and gave her a big hug.

"Happy Birthday!"

"To you too," she giggled and tried to get away.

"What are your plans?"

"I'm meeting Padma at the library. Luna left us some dirigible plums so I'm going to sneak them past Madam Pince. It will be fun! Do you want to come?"

"The library?"

He stared at his sister with his mouth open. What part of 'fun' did she not understand?

"Thanks, I'll pass."

"See you later then."

Elsa walked away and Jack prayed to the Moon that he could find something to do and not resort to celebrating Elsa-style.

"Peeves!" he yelled and waited.

Right on command, Peeves popped into existence right next to him.

"Jack-Friend!"

"It's my birthday. Let's do something fun!"

Peeves squealed in delight and gave him a hug. Jack returned it and Peeves chose this moment to tickle him.

It started as an innocent funny feeling, a jolt of electricity which hit him from many sides at once, made him drop to the floor and giggle, but Peeves didn't stop there. Jack lost control of his body as an abandoned, delirious, belly laugh took over and left him feeling helpless. He couldn't catch enough breath to tell him to stop. He tried to wriggle away but Peeves' fingers quickly found newly exposed parts of his belly or armpits and resumed the torture.

"Stop! Peeves, stop!" Jack begged, only to have the tickler increase the pressure.

Jack struggled and writhed on the floor until he managed to grab the spirit's wrists and could finally take a breath.

"Peeves, no!"

Peeves pouted but finally stopped. "But it's fun."

"Not for me," Jack said and dropped his head to the floor, breathing heavily.

His eyes found the bespectacled face of Harry Potter whose feet were right by his head and who was looking down at him with a grin on his face.

Jack suddenly realized what a weird position he was caught in. He still held Peeves' wrists while the spirit sat atop of him. This had to look quite weird.

He let go and got up swiftly. Peeves floated next to him and giggled in his high pitch.

"Potter," Jack tried to act like Potter had not just found him straddled by a poltergeist, "you didn't leave for the holiday."