One's Monster: Darkblade

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

"Yesterday, Mr Bourgeois was re-elected as Mayor of Paris for a fourth consecutive term." I hear the news reporter say from the TV as I walk into my room as Primvère before transforming back.

"Mr Bourgeois? Isn't that Chloe's father?" I ask myself as I watch the news. Seven pops out of my choker and then a video flashes in the TV showing Chloe and her father waving at the cameras. "Speaking of the devil..."

"Here we can see Mr Bourgeois with his daughter."

I groan at the sight of her. "Look at her acting as if she were the Mayor of Paris!" I say and open the mini-fridge for a drink. Grape soda, to be exact.

I pop the cap out and then sip on my soda.

"Oh! That reminds me! Class Representative elections are today!" Seven reminds me, making me choke on my drink.

I cough for a while before looking at her. "It is..." I come into thought for a while before looking at her. "Marinette said that Chloe's running for Class Rep., which is ironic because Chloe cares the least about everyone," I say with an annoyed tone which makes her cringe. "Really? Then, why don't YOU run for it?" She asks me making my eyes widen. "Me? Rival against Chloe and make an entire fool out of myself? Nah, I'll pass" I say nervously which makes her frown, "Why not?" She asks me and sits on my shoulder with a blueberry stuck to her jaws. I rub my neck nervously.

"Well, the last time I tried being Class Rep once. That was the day when I found out about my parents' divorce before I found you. That day...was a mess. People laughed at me like usual, they laughed more because I was ACTUALLY trying something new and being a normal human being...I was really set for this Class Representative thing but those kids didn't give me a chance and made fun of me, threw water at me and spat at me..." I say, tears about to fall from my lashes.

Seven looks at me with concern before wiping away my tears. "Listen, (Y/N), you're not there anymore. When you first came to Paris, you said you wanted a new start, right? So why not do something you believe in? Forget about those idiotic people who made fun of you. If they saw you now being a superhero and all, they would worship you and ask for forgiveness over and over again! And besides, it's better trying and failing than not trying at all! Don't underestimate yourself, (Y/N)." She says making me chuckle as she hugs me, "Thanks, Seven..." I whisper and kiss her small form.

"Armand D'Argencourt, one of Bourgeois' opponents and fencing instructor of François Dupont high-school, plummeted in the polls. In fact, he was the candidate for the least amount of polls received." The news reporter grabs our attention which makes me wince, "Yikes, you don't wanna be this guy..." I say which makes me look at the time. "And I definitely don't want to be late for school!" I said before grabbing my bag and rushing out of the door.

---

"Chloe is running for the class representative position and Sabrina is going to be her deputy. Any other candidates who'd like to run for class rep?" Miss Bustier asks the class but I'm in no mood to listen. I place my head down on the desk exhaustedly. I just came to school after saving Paris yet again so no complaint.

"I'm sorry I'm late!" Marinette bursts in through the door which makes me perk up at her voice. She makes a terrible excuse before sitting down on her seat. "Ugh, Chloe has been the class rep since...when? Kindergarten?" Alya says which makes Marinette groan. I do the same and look at the said-person at the front and furrow my eyebrows.

In response to Miss Bustier's question, Kim tries to raise his hand but gets his morals degraded by Chloe's glare. "Yes, Kim?" Miss Bustier asks making him hesitantly shake his head, "Nah. I'll pass," He says making my eyebrows furrow before look at Chloe.