Pinky Swear: Despair Bear

(Y/N) (L/N)'s P.O.V.

"I'll let you in on one secret; I always add cream to the chocolate to make the ganache extra velvet. Then I let it sit in for one minute." Mr Dupain instructs us as I smile at the smell of chocolate wafting in the air.

I let out a sigh of satisfaction, "I love it when your dad comes to school and gives us pastry lessons..." I tell Marinette who stands beside me. She chuckles, "He does, too." She says making me giggle. Alya shushes us as she's filming the lesson.

I hear Chloe bickering something about getting her hands dirty but I don't pay attention to her as I'm deep into the smell of the pastry being made.

"It's all done in a flick of the wrist. But don't go too fast, or else you'll splash yourself!" The baker says which makes me nod involuntarily.

"And get my expensive clothes dirty?! Are you kidding me?" Chloe says which ticks me off as it's getting annoying at this point. "Shut it, Chloe. Unlike you, some of us are trying to learn something other than Chanel and Louis Vuitton," I grumble which leads to some snickering in the group.

"Look at this lovely emulsion!" He says as he shows us the batter which looks as delicious as ever. No wonder his bakery is the most popular in Paris...

"Now we have to chill it for half an hour. Marinette, can you put this in the school cafeteria, please?" He requests her making her nod. "Sure, Dad..." She takes the bowl and heads out.

"In the meantime, I'll show you how to whisk egg whites!" He says enthusiastically.

In the corner of my eyes, I can see Chloe making a call in an oh-so-sinister way which makes me raise an eyebrow.

"(Y/N)." I hear my name being called by Mr Dupain.

"Yes, Mr Dupain?" I ask as I revert my attention back to him, "Could you do the honours of cracking the eggs for me?" He asks kindly which makes me nod. "Of course!" I happily agree and walk up to the table...hoping dearly that I don't mess up...

I crack the eggs delicately and Mr Dupain separates them. But as we're doing that the fire alarm goes off which makes most of the class panic.

"Come on, single file everyone!" Miss Bustier escorts all of us out the door to the courtyard. I see Marinette outside with the bowl in hand.

Her dad joins her, "I hope it's just a fire drill..." He says, probably a little worried that his class got interrupted.

We all gather at the courtyard where the principal, Mr Damocles, looking very upset stands along with a firefighter.

"So, some smart aleck had the bright idea of calling the fire department!" He says which makes me immediately look at Chloe who looks unfazed by the whole situation with that plastic smirk of hers.

"Someone thought it would be funny to waste the time of the fire captain here!" He says clearly angry. The fire captain looks at him, "Yes, in fact, if it's okay, I'll be going-"

"Hold on, I want the guilty party to apologize to you." Mr Damocles interrupts which cause all of us to look around.

I look at Marinette and Alya, "I bet it was Chloe. I saw her talking on the phone before the alarm went off..." I say to them. Alya nods, "But just talking on the phone is not enough proof..." She says making me look ahead at Mr Damocles again.

"Mr Damocles sir!" I hear Chloe say from behind us.

"Yes, Miss Bourgeois?"

"I saw a student walking out of the class before the alarm went off! I bet it was her!" She says which makes me growl. I see where this is going.