More the Merry: Syren

(Y/N) (L/N)'s P.O.V.

"Has it really been that bad?" Seven asks me as I'm laying on the bed with my face flat on the pillow. A surging annoyance in my chest keeps growing as I toss and turn on my bed, finally looking up at the ceiling.

"You know it. Cat Noir's been a little too nosy lately...after he found out Ladybug and I know each others' identities." I say as I pinch the bridge of my nose. Seven scoffs, "Why does that bother you so much?"

"I hate being left in the dark, so I can't really imagine what he must be feeling..."

"You're worried that he'll hate you if he thinks he's being left out?"

"WHAT?" I glare at the idea of that. "No, he's not..." A bludgeoning feeling sets inside me.

"He's not like that..." I say with a frown, drooping down my shoulders likewise. She gives me a very serious look.

"Wait..." Her eyes squint as if she's realised something, "Do you have feelings for that cat?"

My eyes widen a little when she makes that assumption leaving me not having a response for a second.

"SO YOU DO!"

"NO! THAT'S NOT WHAT THIS IS!" The denial arguably feels weak at this point. So what if I had feelings for a mangy hot cat in black leather? It's not like he's going to be all aboard when he finds out I'm...me.

Right...I'm not the rose he wants.

"You're kidding, Seven. Even if I did like him...hypothetically, Cat Noir likes Primvère Rosé, not (Y/N) (L/N)." I say with an honest shrug, feeling a hollow pit at the bottom of my heart. Seven sadly gazes at me but I give her a soft smile so as to not transverse me feeling these sensations.

"I just...don't want to keep on having to lie and hide things from him and that has nothing to do with me liking him! I do not like him whatsoever! He's just a friend!" I nod firmly as I step out of bed and sit on my desk chair.

"Oh god." Seven groans with a hint of laughter at the back of his throat, "You totally sounded like Adrien just now." My mouth gapes at that comment before leading me to roll my eyes.

"Whatever...as for Cat Noir, I only have to speak with Master Fu about this."

---

"Primvère Rosé, Ladybug, Cat Noir and their new friend Rena Rouge have safely captured and caged the rogue animals that escaped from the city zoo! Another fine day for Paris as their victory brings citizens to ease!"

I wave towards the crowd as Primvère Rosé, standing on the roof with Ladybug, Cat Noir and Rena Rouge. They all cheer at us superheroes and we thank them until we hear Rena Rouge's miraculous beep.

"Oh! Gotta split!" I say as both of us head to the other direction and Ladybug follows suit.

"Hey, where are you going?" Cat Noir says which makes us abruptly stop and look back. "Rena Rouge is going to transform! I need to secure her miraculous, remember?" I say to which he frowns.

"So you're allowed to know her true identity and I'm not?"

Here we go again...

I sigh, looking at him as he crosses his arms clearly offended. I look back at Ladybug who nods and takes Rena away from the crowds.

"That's not what I meant, Cat Noir..."

"Oh? So who am I here then? The guy who's always left in the dark?" He asks angrily which leads me to bite my lip.